Key West ?

jeaniebelle

meanwhile, dont bother to even get off the ship. people who live on key west, "HATE" cruisers and cruise ships.  and they make sure the ship doesnt stay for very long.  first (and last) time i was there, some guy making those ridiculous hats out of vines, wanted to beat the crap out  of me because i was standing on "his" sidewalk

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

meanwhile, dont bother to even get off the ship. people who live on key west, "HATE" cruisers and cruise ships.  and they make sure the ship doesnt stay for very long.  first (and last) time i was there, some guy making those ridiculous hats out of vines, wanted to beat the crap out  of me because i was standing on "his" sidewalk

This is sad to hear.  We enjoyed our KW port stop but that was many years ago.  Two years ago we vacationed there for a few days and enjoyed ourselves but as a vacationer and not a cruise ship passenger.  I do know many living there do not care for cruiseships and have been trying to stop them from porting there.  The reef and their ecosystems apparently suffer.  

3 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

This is sad to hear.  We enjoyed our KW port stop but that was many years ago.  Two years ago we vacationed there for a few days and enjoyed ourselves but as a vacationer and not a cruise ship passenger.  I do know many living there do not care for cruiseships and have been trying to stop them from porting there.  The reef and their ecosystems apparently suffer.  

And their laid-back atmosphere when a few thousand cruisers jam their small downtown.

And their enjoyment of sunset at Mallory Square.

And the loss of funky shops to kitschy souvenir shops for the masses.

And their loss of local control as the state fights to force them to accept cruise ships.

To answer this question, and to ask the same for another port:

--Go to the NCL website

--Under "Explore" at the top of the page, click on "PORTS" in the dropdown

--On the Ports page, locate the desired port in the dropdown or use the "Type to Find a Port" search

--When the port page opens, click on VIEW CRUISES to see all scheduled cruises that will access the desired port.

We visited Key West via the NCL Dawn last April on a Southern Caribbean cruise.  

We were happy to get off the ship to go to Sloppy Joe's for lunch and to listen to some live music.  We love Key West, and have stayed for a week at a resort there several times.

No one was rude or mean to us when we visited in April.  In fact, at Sloppy Joe's we had good service, etc.

Hope you find a cruise that stops there and enjoy the unique atmosphere of Key West.

Just our personal experience.

• Thanks 1

Key west is an interesting stop.  You can get  a walking map tour when you get off the ship.  Walk to the Southernmost place in the USA ( cheesy photo op).  Walk down main street and shop or eat.  Walk to Harry Trumans Western White House ( nice tour).  Stop by Hemmingway's House.  Stop into a few bars along the way back to the ship.   

• Like 1