Riviera re-inspiration

jjeffjb

We ordered breakfast in the room today. It was delivered just fine - but there's no place in a Veranda cabin to eat it.

20230213_083347.thumb.jpg.88e4e51b6457a0275535438057fcfb00.jpg

Just this cute little table, and a hassock and small sofa to sit on.

It might not have been any better before the refurb. But I've had shipboard room service where they roll in a cart with a top that serves as a table, and warming drawers.

Amazon has a folding card table for $28. I'm tempted.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, toolworker said:

We ordered breakfast in the room today. It was delivered just fine - but there's no place in a Veranda cabin to eat it.

20230213_083347.thumb.jpg.88e4e51b6457a0275535438057fcfb00.jpg

Just this cute little table, and a hassock and small sofa to sit on.

At least the table is taller than the coffee table they used to have

not fun trying to eat when bent over the table

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

At least the table is taller than the coffee table they used to have

not fun trying to eat when bent over the table

I was just talking to someone on a luxury cruise ship. Their tables have one support and the height adjusts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toolworker said:

I was just talking to someone on a luxury cruise ship. Their tables have one support and the height adjusts.

An adjustable height table would be a wise addition. We used the desk as a serving area, but the new tables appear barely large enough for two plates and coffees.

We noticed that same thing last month on riviera.  Now we only ordered up a few appetizers but it seemed clear this would not be optimum for a meal. We made it work by turning around the desk chair to sit mostly opposite the coach.  

Of course from what I understand, hot breakfast is fairly new to Oceania in the veranda rooms.  

29 minutes ago, toolworker said:

that would make sense though 

Some things are  for style not function 😃

Have recently had to resort to Youtube videos to view improvements to the Vista Suite on Riviera.  Sad to report that I did not see a THING that was different?  But then again....that Suite has been our fave for ages....so I guess that I got excited over nothing! lol.....We will enjoy the "new and improved" Vista Suite at the end of the month and later in the year.....but will NOT be expecting any earthshattering changes.

Some friends came aboard, providing the opportunity to compare the new Veranda bathroom (left) with the tub and shower configuration (right) in the B4 and A4s.

Bathrooms.thumb.jpg.5bf0a38ffa93c6cec0c2d504995184fa.jpg

They are unhappy with their cabin's lack of storage space. We've got lots of space. The only difference is our cabinet where their shower stall is.

And we are happy with our shower, with one exception.

Shower.thumb.jpg.f6b70d896a77470315b4ffc5e67c4aa7.jpg

The holder for the telephone sprayer in the B4 shower (top right photo) has height and tilt adjustments. The one in our luxurious shower doesn't. In the cradle, its spray is horizontal. It hits me right in the face, and sails over my wife's head. So it can't be used much with both hands free. But the rainforest head does adjust. Huh?

There are also some issues with the closet.

Closet.thumb.jpg.fbda4ea04e8a6f0dc5ddc5640591eaa1.jpg

There's not enough space for all our hanging stuff, even after removing the two fluffy, luxurious space hog bathrobes. Access to the left side is blocked by the night table. And if both occupants are trying to dress for dinner, the narrow space between the bed and closet makes for some interesting interactions.

• Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, toolworker said:

There's not enough space for all our hanging stuff, even after removing the two fluffy, luxurious space hog bathrobes. Access to the left side is blocked by the night table. And if both occupants are trying to dress for dinner, the narrow space between the bed and closet makes for some interesting interactions.

This has always been an issue with these rooms. Seems we've been able to overcome them. The robes are one of the first things to go. Yes, they are space hogs. Then the life jackets go under the bed.  Appreciate the A/B bathroom pics. 

Edited by ORV

1 hour ago, toolworker said:

Maybe you brought  too many clothes 😉

I usually just put DH clothes  for dinner on the bed  so no fighting over the space  getting into the closet

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, toolworker said:

Some friends came aboard, providing the opportunity to compare the new Veranda bathroom (left) with the tub and shower configuration (right) in the B4 and A4s.

Bathrooms.thumb.jpg.5bf0a38ffa93c6cec0c2d504995184fa.jpg

They are unhappy with their cabin's lack of storage space. We've got lots of space. The only difference is our cabinet where their shower stall is.

And we are happy with our shower, with one exception.

Shower.thumb.jpg.f6b70d896a77470315b4ffc5e67c4aa7.jpg

The holder for the telephone sprayer in the B4 shower (top right photo) has height and tilt adjustments. The one in our luxurious shower doesn't. In the cradle, its spray is horizontal. It hits me right in the face, and sails over my wife's head. So it can't be used much with both hands free. But the rainforest head does adjust. Huh?

There are also some issues with the closet.

Closet.thumb.jpg.fbda4ea04e8a6f0dc5ddc5640591eaa1.jpg

Huh? If the water hits in the face, "turn" the sprayer so it sprays the wall. It's what we did. We love the new shower. The Rainforest head "tilts" slightly. Personally, I will say we liked the old ones. They really drenched you.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

This has always been an issue with these rooms. Seems we've been able to overcome them. The robes are one of the first things to go. Yes, they are space hogs. Then the life jackets go under the bed.  Appreciate the A/B bathroom pics. 

We are getting on the Riviera a week from Thursday. Will be in a Concierge A1 cabin. I was hoping the closet by the bed wasn’t as tight or small as it had looked. We are used to the PV cabins on Viking ships, just a tad smaller than O’s PH. But I guess we’ll make do, and I’ll rethink what we’re bringing. What about drawer space for shorts, swimsuits, bras, etc? Should I just figure on using packing cubes under our bed?

And now we’ll be ready for the new handheld shower heads, rather than surprised at the lack of adjustability. Looking forward to having good space for my toiletries and makeup. Do the “rim” mirror lights really light up your face, or are there overhead lights that put your face in shadow? That’s the way lighting is often set up in both hotel and cruise bathrooms. Those lights that rim the mirrors are never bright enough to really see what you’re doing, and the main light comes from above, casting your face into semi shadow. My husband doesn’t wear makeup, obviously, but he hates this often ghostly effect also. 

20 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

We are getting on the Riviera a week from Thursday. Will be in a Concierge A1 cabin. I was hoping the closet by the bed wasn’t as tight or small as it had looked. We are used to the PV cabins on Viking ships, just a tad smaller than O’s PH. But I guess we’ll make do, and I’ll rethink what we’re bringing. What about drawer space for shorts, swimsuits, bras, etc? Should I just figure on using packing cubes under our bed?

And now we’ll be ready for the new handheld shower heads, rather than surprised at the lack of adjustability. Looking forward to having good space for my toiletries and makeup. Do the “rim” mirror lights really light up your face, or are there overhead lights that put your face in shadow? That’s the way lighting is often set up in both hotel and cruise bathrooms. Those lights that rim the mirrors are never bright enough to really see what you’re doing, and the main light comes from above, casting your face into semi shadow. My husband doesn’t wear makeup, obviously, but he hates this often ghostly effect also. 

I don't really have any answers to the questions as I haven't been in the new set up yet. We should get our first look at it on the cruise after yours, if that's the 12th.  We've always had plenty of drawer & shelf storage space on Riviera and Marina, so you should be ok. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mariastreby said:

I found the drawers in the A1 verandah bathroom cabinet to be sufficient for my small clothing items. DH used shelves above the safe for his stuff. Then there were drawers in the nightstands and desk area that were available. We stowed plush bathrobes and life vests under the bed so shelf in closet available also. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by wookie78
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rbtan said:

Huh? If the water hits in the face, "turn" the sprayer so it sprays the wall. It's what we did. We love the new shower. The Rainforest head "tilts" slightly. Personally, I will say we liked the old ones. They really drenched you.

I turn the sprayer to the wall too, at least until the water gets hot. Hard to wash oneself that way though, so eventually I have to turn it back.

And yes, the rainforest heads are low flow.

3 hours ago, Mariastreby said:

What about drawer space for shorts, swimsuits, bras, etc? Should I just figure on using packing cubes under our bed?

In an A1 - A3 or B1 - B3 cabin there's plenty of drawer space with the addition of that cabinet in the bathroom. The hanging closet is a problem.

There's an overhead light a couple of feet back from the mirror, so it doesn't create a shadow. But you're right, the mirror rim lights aren't bright enough; I shave mostly by feel.

Edited by toolworker
  • Like 1