Unable to get satisfaction or anything from Customer Relations

trtog7

OP – not sure if this will make you feel any better or not but I got off a cruise on November 19.  A refund I was promised for a bottle of wine was not received or credited to my account and I also had a $30 credit as a five star mariner which was processed after my bill was finalized.

I sent an email to guest services regarding to 70+ dollars that was owed.  I just yesterday received a reply which I have posted below and from that, you can see it is going to take 2 to 3 months to receive the money.

The money they owe me won’t break or make me but it is owed.  Here is their email.

Thank you for contacting Holland America Line. We are grateful that you have given us this opportunity to review your concerns.

We would like to extend a refund to you regarding the returned bottle of wine amounting to $41.30 USD. This refund will be posted to the card used on board ending in xxx.  This request has been forwarded to the appropriate department and can take a minimum of eight weeks to process. With regards to the $30 credit showing on your onboard bill, please be advised that we are still coordinating it with our Credit Card Department.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard again very soon.  Until then, we wish you all the best.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kazu said:

OP – not sure if this will make you feel any better or not but I got off a cruise on November 19.  A refund I was promised for a bottle of wine was not received or credited to my account and I also had a $30 credit as a five star mariner which was processed after my bill was finalized.

I sent an email to guest services regarding to 70+ dollars that was owed.  I just yesterday received a reply which I have posted below and from that, you can see it is going to take 2 to 3 months to receive the money.

The money they owe me won’t break or make me but it is owed.  Here is their email.

Thank you for contacting Holland America Line. We are grateful that you have given us this opportunity to review your concerns.

We would like to extend a refund to you regarding the returned bottle of wine amounting to $41.30 USD. This refund will be posted to the card used on board ending in xxx.  This request has been forwarded to the appropriate department and can take a minimum of eight weeks to process. With regards to the $30 credit showing on your onboard bill, please be advised that we are still coordinating it with our Credit Card Department.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard again very soon.  Until then, we wish you all the best.

Isn't it amazing how a charge will go from pending to posted in a day or two days maximum, but a credit will take a "minimum of eight weeks".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Isn't it amazing how a charge will go from pending to posted in a day or two days maximum, but a credit will take a "minimum of eight weeks".

Astounding, indeed  🤪🤣😇

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Astounding, indeed  🤪🤣😇

We once had a river cruise booked and paid for, and then it was chartered out. The company did try by offering us a different cruise in an upgraded cabin. I am sure they considered it a great offer that was more expensive than what we had booked. However, if you want to see Amsterdam and the Netherlands, cruising on the Danube does not work. I finally called and told them we needed the credit back on our card because we intended to fly to Amsterdam and vacation there. (The second part was true, but we did have enough credit.) The customer service representative said she would do us a favor and have the credit back the following Monday. (I called on a Friday.)

They cancelled the cruise for us by chartering it. Yet they though it was a favor to return our payment to our credit card!

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Many months later and finally satisfaction

I had sent an email to what I had hoped was the President of HAL.

Got a reply with an offer.

They  will send me my $ 30USD or if we cruise by Feb 17 we will receive $50USD each as OBC

Also informed us we had CC from days in isolation  All told it adds up to almost $1000USD.

Never give up if you feel you are in the right

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, trtog7 said:

Many months later and finally satisfaction

I had sent an email to what I had hoped was the President of HAL.

Got a reply with an offer.

They  will send me my $ 30USD or if we cruise by Feb 17 we will receive $50USD each as OBC

Also informed us we had CC from days in isolation  All told it adds up to almost $1000USD.

Never give up if you feel you are in the right

Old thread with a happy ending.  Good for you!

On 1/17/2023 at 8:21 PM, Boatdrill said:

To the OP, I understand your frustration with HAL's "customer service" department. 

I've sent three emails since November to Guest Relations regarding a Cancellation Protection Plan reimbursement. The insurance company is requiring a specific document that can come only from HAL. 

For each request for assistance email I sent to Guest Relations, I received an email confirming they had received my email,  with a confirmation of receipt number.  And there it stays. No further response, no follow up, and certainly no requested document that's required for a $1000 reimbursement. 

I passed this on to a corporate manager with ties to HAL. She got a response from them right away: 'Please send a copy of the original request and the confirmation of receipt email".  We sent them, as asked, in mid December. Since then, no further communication from HAL. 

Their silence is deafening, yet speaks volumes about how they view their customers. 

You need to call and click the number for guest relations then ask for a supervisor

On 7/17/2023 at 3:46 PM, Wakepatrol said:

This guy is in the same boat

IMG_7283.jpeg

I nominate this for post of the year, though I would have shown Keith instead as IMHO it is his guitar riff that makes this song iconic.

8 hours ago, floridababa said:

You need to call and click the number for guest relations then ask for a supervisor

I tried that many rimes and was told I was not able to speak to one.

We are going on a Holland America cruise in Jan. Only upset with their customer service

• Like 1

9 hours ago, floridababa said:

Thanks. The insurance reimbursement issue was resolved very quickly when I cast a wide net and contacted the president's office and a host of others - including an airline sales rep -  in just one email.

• Like 1