Constellation, 1st 2 days in Venice-How does this work?

whitshel

On 2/2/2023 at 12:28 PM, redwings1958 said:

We are flying in on Wednesday, spending all day in Venice, Hotel in Venice Wednesday night, morning tour Thursday, Train to Ravenna Thursday afternoon;  Friday ,Ravenna and Bologna. This way we get 3 cities for 1 port stop

Chesterfield- We are from U City originally.  Who is your Dentist?  Perhaps we know each other or you know my relatives.  E-mail me! 

Debbie in Delray

Supersecdd at aol dot com

Please be aware train strikes are frequent in Italy,luckily they are announced beforehand.

There are websites you can check if there are any on your dates of travel.

This website explains more…..

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiMns2hs-39AhWtREEAHa0xAGQQFnoECCkQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.italiarail.com%2Ftrain-strikes-italy&usg=AOvVaw0DR0WShYFy2sXxe63OGN8U

18 hours ago, supersecdd said:

Chesterfield- We are from U City originally.  Who is your Dentist?  Perhaps we know each other or you know my relatives.  E-mail me! 

Debbie in Delray

Supersecdd at aol dot com

To Redwings1958. See above. 

It's not that difficult once you wrap your mind around the change.

I was on Constellation last October, porting in Ravenna with a stay in Venice first. Here is how you can easily manage it, assuming you want to spend some time sightseeing in Venice before boarding the ship:

-- Book flight into Venice (Marco Polo airport). Purchase Celebrity transfer in advance (around $60 pp last year) from Venice proper (not from the airport) to Ravenna port.

-- Take the easy express bus from the airport, drops you off at Piazzale Roma, as far as wheeled vehicles can go on the island.

-- Research and reserve a hotel within easy walking distance of where the bus drops you. I chose the Santa Chiara which is just across the parking lot but with views onto the canals. Easy to manage; no bridges to cross.

-- Sightsee in Venice (I would recommend at least two days for a first time visitor.

-- When it is time to transfer to Ravenna, check out of hotel and walk to the People Mover (which is at the other end, diagonally, of the large central parking area of Piazzale Roma) -- again, easy with luggage, no bridges to cross. Board the People Mover and take it to the last stop:  Tronchetto. 

-- Exit People Mover and the Celebrity transfer buses will be right there.

-- Spend the day after check in (i.e., Day 2) sightseeing in Ravenna -- it is a lovely, lovely town with the most fabulous mosaics I have ever seen, as well as great food. It would be a shame to miss it and it makes for an easy plan on that second day when spending 5 hours getting to Venice and back makes little sense.

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Fishboy1947 said:

Did you use the Celebrity shuttle to get into Ravenna and back to ship? Were they convenient to use?

The Celebrity shuttle from the People Mover in Venice is simple.  Convenient?   There was a bit of walking needed.  Easier than the train or a Flixbus?  Certainly it is a shuttle to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 2:55 PM, supersecdd said:

Did you have to stay in a Celebrity hotel to get the transfer to Ravenna?  Do you mean check in at the ship and then leave for the day to see Ravenna and get back on board before sail-away?

Debbie in Delray

We are not staying at a Celebrity hotel. If you booked your cruise directly with Celebrity, then they will book your shuttle. If you book your flights wth Celebrity and arrive the day your cruise, then you can get a shuttle at the airport. If you are dealing with a TA, then they book the shuttle for you.

On 1/16/2023 at 7:50 PM, yogini06 said:

I sailed out of Ravenna May 2022.  We spent 4 nights in Venice.  Took celebrity transfer to Ravenna.  It’s about 2 1/2 hour trip.  

If I was on this itinerary I would go early to see Venice.  It’s lovely and not to be rushed. Board the ship and go see Ravenna.  A beautiful city known for mosaics

We are doing a similar cruise- we have the 2 days Venice/Ravenna. We have 3 nights at Venice. Did you choose your own hotel or did you book with Celebrity? We are having some difficulty getting the Celebrity shuttle? I don’t understand why. They are saying they provide the shuttle only if you arrive that day by plane.

So just wondering?

3 hours ago, seltrin said:

We are doing a similar cruise- we have the 2 days Venice/Ravenna. We have 3 nights at Venice. Did you choose your own hotel or did you book with Celebrity? We are having some difficulty getting the Celebrity shuttle? I don’t understand why. They are saying they provide the shuttle only if you arrive that day by plane.

So just wondering?

We chose our own hotel.  Our TA booked the shuttle for us leaving from the airport 

3 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

We chose our own hotel.  Our TA booked the shuttle for us leaving from the airport 

Confused.

You fly to Venice and are taking a shuttle to the city and your hotel booked by your TA?  Then what?  FLIX Bus to Ravenna or shuttle back to airport and X shuttle or X shuttle from where?

The regular shuttle from Venice Airport leaves pretty much every 30 minutes to the bus area near the train station.  Really no reservations needed.

10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Confused.

You fly to Venice and are taking a shuttle to the city and your hotel booked by your TA?  Then what?  FLIX Bus to Ravenna or shuttle back to airport and X shuttle or X shuttle from where?

The regular shuttle from Venice Airport leaves pretty much every 30 minutes to the bus area near the train station.  Really no reservations needed.

Sorry.  This was my Post #2

I sailed out of Ravenna May 2022.  We spent 4 nights in Venice.  Took celebrity transfer to Ravenna.  It’s about 2 1/2 hour trip.  

If I was on this itinerary I would go early to see Venice.  It’s lovely and not to berushed. Board the ship and go see Ravenna.  A beautiful city known for mosaics