When will Jade get a Starbucks?

nycteacher

I am thinking probably not  if you look here 

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pearl/whats-on-board/bars-lounges

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/ncl-ships-by-age-and-size/

You can see the Pearl has a Starbucks and is the same age/class

If they did not do it when it was last refurbished and it has been 5 years since the last refurbishment.  If I had to guess I would say they will just keep the ship until they sell it off and maybe do a short refresh but nothing major.  

Not sure why it did not get a Starbucks with the rest of the fleet but probably past the time.  
Maybe NCL wanted to keep one ship without a Starbucks so they could judge how much more money they were making with them or without?

• Like 1

We just got off the Jade and they have a Starbucks in the Atrium directly across from Guest Services. My DW would buy a hot chocolate quite regularly from them for a little over $5. You could also buy chocolate bon-bons for $2 each. I’m sure they also had a variety of coffees and other things for sale as well.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nycteacher said:

Hi everyone. I just booked an August 2023 trip on the Jade. I'm curious if anyone knows if/when they'll install a Starbucks.  I was on the Gem last August, and was surprised by how much I frequented the Starbucks onboard.   Thanks! 

Just off the Jade, they have a Starbucks in the atrium.

Presumably the Starbucks replaced the Java Cafe which shows on deck 7 deck plans across from guest services as previous posters are reporting. 

Interesting they didn’t update things to reflect the Starbucks on board. 

Yes weird for sure you would think they would tout it as they had said all 17 ships would get Starbucks and it seemed like Jade was the last!

Same coffee probably just 1.5X the price!

Edited by fredflint
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, nycteacher said:

Yay! Thanks for the good news!  I'll be less cranky with my trenta iced coffee in hand each morning.  🙂

We were on the Jade in June and while I can’t recall if the sign said Starbucks or Java cafe it definitely HAD Starbucks drinks and food. The issue we ran into was the fact that for a time NCL wasn’t allowing any drink purchases WHILE in port in Greece only. My cranka$$ self learned this one morning😩😡

I knew zero alcohol “sales” and we were ok to get them because we had package. They were suspending all sales and it made for an unhappy morning-lolol

Edited by vanchelle

• 8 months later...
On 1/17/2023 at 11:24 AM, PNWMomma said:

Presumably the Starbucks replaced the Java Cafe which shows on deck 7 deck plans across from guest services as previous posters are reporting. 

Interesting they didn’t update things to reflect the Starbucks on board. 

Starbucks did not replace the Java Cafe. It is still the Java Cafe with Starbucks products being sold there. It's referred to as a "We Proudly Serve" cafe.