MUST ITEMS

Hi Janros and welcome just the normal thing really, extention lead, phone charger, clips for sun beds the only non normal item I can think about is a torch particularly if you are in an inside cabin, ships do have power cuts occasionally 🙄. Other cruisers may have other info. Enjoy😎

• Like 1

Really it's just same as a normal holiday but a must for me are towel clips as it gets breezy on deck when ship is sailing and you might want to take a more dressy outfit for DTI night than you might normally take on your hols. Hth Enjoy 😉 

• Like 1

I make sure i have a small extension lead with at least 4 sockets to plug into, if you both have a phone and a kindle or two it's necessary.

Travel Iron?

Bottle of something you like in your room for pre dinner / after dinner drinks? (ask steward for ice)

Take a picture on your phone of what's on in the cruise news (daily info sheet left in your room), the entertainment moves from venue to venue, if you know what's going on and what time, you won't miss anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Not allowed on a ship because of fire hazard ☹️

Hi PC. Hope you and mrs PC are both well.😉

I think that things have changed re travel irons as they are being allowed onboard these days.   Copied from Marellas website……..

DO I NEED TO BRING A HAIRDRYER?

No – we’ve got you covered there, too, with every cabin including a hairdryer. You may want to bring a small travel iron with you though, as irons aren’t provided.

We also purchased a four socket multi plug with six usb slots, very handy also you will need a euro to uk plug adapter.Bring a torch is a good tip, we used it when inputting the safe combination in the dark wardrobe.

Regards BJ.👍

Edited by Brummijam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some antibacterial wipes - clean all the surfaces and touch points when you first get into the cabin as its better to be safe than sorry.

A packet of your favourite biscuits to enjoy with your tea/coffee on the balcony.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paularmstrong said:

travel irons are big no no on ships

According to Marella they are ok to take onboard.🤷🏻‍♂️

Copied from Marellas website……..

No – we’ve got you covered there, too, with every cabin including a hairdryer. You may want to bring a small travel iron with you though, as irons aren’t provided.
Edited by Brummijam
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Brummijam said:

According to Marella they are ok to take onboard.🤷🏻‍♂️

Copied from Marellas website……..

No – we’ve got you covered there, too, with every cabin including a hairdryer. You may want to bring a small travel iron with you though, as irons aren’t provided.

You are correct, the rules have changed, we had one in September on Discovery with no issues.

• Thanks 1

I usually pack a few magnetic hooks for extra hanging space (useful for handbags/ cruise card lanyards etc and for hanging wet clothes in the bathroom, especially if cold / wet weather cruising) and also a magnetic motion-sensor nightlight for getting to the bathroom during the light without switching lights on. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:23 PM, Janros said:

We are going on our first cruise in May Marella Discovery 2 Mediterranean, are there any items that you would say are a must that we may not pack for a normal holiday?

Well it's looking like you'll need another case🙄 don't worry we have all learnt over many cruises what we should have taken, but that's all part of the fun, but you can always purchase items onboard if you've forgotten anything . Every one has different ideas on any holiday, we would never wash or iron on a cruise as the staff will do it for you but other cruisers do. 

Bottom line just enjoy your first cruise its one you will always remember. 😎

• Like 3