Lunch in MDR on Embarkation Day - Emerald

Cruzbw

Which MDR serves lunch on Embarkation Day on the Emerald? I understand if I ask crew, I"m likely to hear:  none, you must go to the buffet, which is not true. I realize that it might change, my sailing is not until June.  TIA.

8 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have *never* been able to get on board a cruise in time to do lunch in a DR! 😒

We always make it on the ship for embarkment day lunch.  But we're group A 10;30 and normally on the ship by 11.  Nice thing about being almost local.  

Those that travel are at the mercy of flights or other impediments. 

But the MDR that's open is always the main dining room, midship level 5 or 6.  

So looking forward to being back onboard!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StrawberryHill said:

You do NOT want to go to the buffets on embarkation day.  There is always a dining room open for lunch.  If not, hit the intrnl cafe for a quick bite, or the burger grill by the pool.

The buffets on all the Royal class ships aren't really that bad even if you board late. Their design is so open that it they can accommodate large groups for lunch without much crowding. Unfortunately the Emerald is much more closed in. 

Edited by MissP22

I don't have enough confidence in the travel system to fly in on an embarkation day.  I do my best to be on the ground in the port at least the evening before a cruise, if not a day before.  The expense of a night in a hotel is a bit of piece of mind for me knowing that if I'm at the port city the day before the cruise, the only thing that will delay me getting on the cruise will be ground transport issues.  And since I'm already on the ground on embarkation day, we head to the port early to get checked in so we can have MDR lunch.

• Like 3