Internet for One Device Platinum Level Princess.

Reina del Mar

I have tried to use the SEARCH facility for this but cannot get a straight forward answer.

We are Platinum and have booked an 18 night cruise. This time just Princess..no plus or premier. So..we need to book Internet..we will share one device. I understand there’s no longer any free minutes but can’t work out how to book Internet for one device at 50 % discount. Any suggestions??

Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

I have tried to use the SEARCH facility for this but cannot get a straight forward answer.

We are Platinum and have booked an 18 night cruise. This time just Princess..no plus or premier. So..we need to book Internet..we will share one device. I understand there’s no longer any free minutes but can’t work out how to book Internet for one device at 50 % discount. Any suggestions??

Many thanks.

App

First page

Ocean Ready

Travel checklist 

click 

MedallionNet

it should show 1 device Choice

Do you see at the top for elites/platinums 50% discount?

It will be $7.50 a day with your 50% off.

If it’s not showing your 50%, could be not recognizing your status. You may have call or chat feature to buy it with PCL or your TA.

If you have the Princess Medallion app installed, there you will find what you’re looking for under the Medallion Net tab.  When you click on, it will recognize you as Platinum and give you the discounted price.  You can the just go ahead and pay for it on the app at anytime before your cruise, but probably a few days before embarkation.

sorry, another member beat me to the punch and said it better than I did

Edited by Lady Arwen

Thank you so much for the replies.

Think I will need to contact my travel agent as it doesn’t seem to be recognising our status and is offering 0ne device for 18 days for £194.40. Or four devices for £518.40. NoPlatinum/Elite button and no 50% offered.

2 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thank you so much for the replies.

Think I will need to contact my travel agent as it doesn’t seem to be recognising our status and is offering 0ne device for 18 days for £194.40. Or four devices for £518.40. NoPlatinum/Elite button and no 50% offered.

Click on the photo, lower right corner Profile picture.  Look at it now, the sea witch should show the right color.

This has been an App issue for some people.  Maybe TA can help get it the right color.  If you buy it at full price,

they can refund the 50% once OB.  Or, you can buy it at 50% through your agent or PCL, hopefully before you sail.

• Like 1

I also had this issue and emailed Askoceanmedallion to have it corrected. My app wasn’t showing our platinum status. They replied a week later on the day we embarked that it was corrected, lol. Too late by then. I had screenshot the screen on the app not showing my discount and went to the Internet cafe when we got on the ship and they charged me the ship price and credited back an amount equal to pre purchasing it. This actually worked out better for me as we had quite a lot of OBC that I was able to use for it.

Edited by sunviking90

3 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I also had this issue and emailed Askoceanmedallion to have it corrected. My app wasn’t showing our platinum status. They replied a week later on the day we embarked that it was corrected, lol. Too late by then. I had screenshot the screen on the app not showing my discount and went to the Internet cafe when we got on the ship and they charged me the ship price and credited back an amount equal to pre purchasing it. 

Did they refund the difference back to your CC, or give you OBC?

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did they refund the difference back to your CC, or give you OBC?

I didn’t prepurchase because of the app pricing error. I waited until on the ship and they gave me the prepurchase price. They charged me $105.00 and then gave me a credit of $30.00 (15 day cruise). No CC involved as my OBC will pretty much cover all our expenses this cruise.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

I didn’t prepurchase because of the app pricing error. I waited until on the ship and they gave me the prepurchase price. They charged me $105.00 and then gave me a credit of $30.00 (15 day cruise). No CC involved as my OBC will pretty much cover all our expenses this cruise.

Is it much cheaper to pre-purchase the internet before boarding?  Thanks