Let them eat . . .

Chardonnay Char

1 hour ago, Chardonnay Char said:

I think I heard some Celebrity big-wig say: "Let them eat Tilapia."

or: "Let them eat Fish Fingers (tilapia in disguise)

Folks currently onboard and those onboard next week:  Please tell us if any of these drastic food cuts are still on the menu.

Postings about all sorts of offerings and fails and drops and whatever else we want to know about dining aboard X's ships currently, are available to read almost hourly...

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chardonnay Char said:

I think I heard some Celebrity big-wig say: "Let them eat Tilapia."

or: "Let them eat Fish Fingers (tilapia in disguise)

Folks currently onboard and those onboard next week:  Please tell us if any of these drastic food cuts are still on the menu.

There are several currently live threads going on here a couple from the Beyond and one from Silhouette and a few others very fair and mostly positive balanced reviews from folks enjoying their cruise.  I’d suggest you check them out but it seems your looking for negative, so never mind.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

There are several currently live threads going on here a couple from the Beyond and one from Silhouette and a few others very fair and mostly positive balanced reviews from folks enjoying their cruise.  I’d suggest you check them out but it seems your looking for negative, so never mind.

... or lobstah or sushi rolls in the OVC... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 2

No, not looking for negative.  Hoping that food things turn around before our late summer journey on Solstice.  

Our first cruise was on the old Sun Princess in 1988.  (Where Love Boat did some early filming.)  No buffet, except midnight, and no specialty dining. But the MDR menus still blow us away. We kept them.   Cruise No. 2 was several years later -- when kids were semi independent.  We chose Celebrity because of the food reputation and it was great.  Sampled a few other lines over the years but ultimately settled with Celebrity because of the all-included option.  (We don't drink excessively but hated the "ka ching" every time we did have a drink.)

Perhaps once/at most twice a cruise we choose the buffet for dinner.  Choice-wise it was excessive for the number of folks who eat there, but the cut-back is equally excessive. Hoping things improve  --but bottom-feeder tilapia and pork and beans on the menu leave me thinking we  paid too much for this cruise.  

And for the record, I have spent way too much time reading these pages lately.  Also,  I actually don't like or expect lobster rolls -- just a decent tail once a cruise. 

• Like 2