Wine Packages

RMMariner

Does anyone know if wine packages are still available? You used to be able to get silver or gold packages with 7, 10 or 12 bottles for a reasonable price. It was never shown on the Princess website, but on cruises longer than 7 days this package was sometimes available. I am assuming that with the new drink packages, the wine packages are now a thing of the past, but I hope they are still around.

Thanks

54 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

Does anyone know if wine packages are still available? You used to be able to get silver or gold packages with 7, 10 or 12 bottles for a reasonable price. It was never shown on the Princess website, but on cruises longer than 7 days this package was sometimes available. I am assuming that with the new drink packages, the wine packages are now a thing of the past, but I hope they are still around.

Thanks

I have not seen wine packages offered since the restart.   Prior to the pause in 2020 the wines were not the best. Since the restart nothing has improved.  If the the boarding port is convenient bring on your own choices and pay corkage.   My favorite daily is Rombauer Chardonnay..  Onboard it is mid $80’s supermarket $30. 

Like ‘kiwimum’ have not seen wine packages on our 3 cruises after restarting cruising.

With all of the reports about wine inventory shortages & more people appearing to have drink packages I would be surprised if wine packages return. On many cruises over 7 days we enjoyed wine packages & got our preferred wines but they appear to be gone.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

Recently saw wine packages return to carnival after going missing for a year.  Hopefully that means princess isn't far behind.  

I leave in a couple days, I'll try to come back to this thread and tell you if I saw them or not. 

• Like 1

Wine packages were offered on our recent Crown holiday cruise.  Quote from the patter:  "It's time for wine!  But the chance to buy a Holiday Wine Package is limited!  Choose 3, 5 or 7 bottles of wine -- or select from champagne and sparkling options -- and get up to 64% off retail price.  Ask our bar staff or dining room servers for more details."  I don't know if it was just a holiday offering or will continue on future sailings.  I also don't remember the wines offered but the 7 bottle package included a variety of reds and whites, some of which we were not interested in so we did not purchase. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had a similar offer over the holidays on the Sapphire.  Selections in the package were dreadful.   The price is off the onboard price, but do not remember it being 64%.  I may be wrong on the discount.  

Edited by kiwimum