Can royal genie set up a cocktail party for 30?

12 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

It seems rc could be more accommodating...  example Park Cafe is closed after 6pm, rent that out with bar set up and food

I completely agree. They have been awful. The bride and groom have emailed their assigned “wedding planner” multiple times with questions and never get a response. My experience with the Oasis Events planner has been difficult. I really regret raising the idea of a cruise wedding to my son and his fiancé. I’ve been on 17 cruises and love being on the water, but it seems that land based customer service is lacking and getting worse

13 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

It seems rc could be more accommodating...  example Park Cafe is closed after 6pm, rent that out with bar set up and food

Staffing will be the issue. The people who work in there are assigned to other restaurants in the evening.

It’s not like on land where a venue can just hire in temporary staff to cater a function. 

Edited by gumshoe958

13 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

13 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Staffing will be the issue. The people who work in there are assigned to other restaurants in the evening. It’s not like on land where a venue can just hire in temporary staff to cater a function. 

The OP states that they don't want a venue other than their room. The ship would be more than happy to set up a private function... for a cost. They do it all the time. 

Edited by BirdTravels

3 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Staffing will be the issue. The people who work in there are assigned to other restaurants in the evening.

It’s not like on land where a venue can just hire in temporary staff to cater a function. 

I understand. My issue with all of this is that I’m getting more info and ideas from people on cruise critic than from the “event planners” from RCCl. I’m asking them to help me spend several thousands of dollars on their ship. I’d thought they would be more helpful in explaining the process and exploring options with me. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I understand. My issue with all of this is that I’m getting more info and ideas from people on cruise critic than from the “event planners” from RCCl. I’m asking them to help me spend several thousands of dollars on their ship. I’d thought they would be more helpful in explaining the process and exploring options with me. 

They only know what they have been trained on and that is the wedding itself.  I would bet that none of them have even set foot on a cruise ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2023 at 12:14 AM, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you for this information. I thought you can only do it in Star class? Were you in an owner’s suite which is Sky class? I don’t care which class my suite is in, as long as we can do the cocktail party. Right now I’d have to “buy out” an entire specialty restaurant for a sit down dinner, even though it’s only 30 people at a cost over 10k..."

The Royal Loft Suite would suit your needs quite well, I would think. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:14 PM, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you for this information. I thought you can only do it in Star class? Were you in an owner’s suite which is Sky class? I don’t care which class my suite is in, as long as we can do the cocktail party. Right now I’d have to “buy out” an entire specialty restaurant for a sit down dinner, even though it’s only 30 people at a cost over 10k. The other option is not to reserve the whole restaurant, but then our group split in 2 and be seated 30 minutes apart. I was thinking of a cocktail party in our suite as a third option.  May I ask how big was your group and the range of cost options? Thanks so much

Thats probably going to be a much less expensive option than booking a Star Class Suite...and then you still have the cost of the party onto of the suite. 

• Thanks 1

We had our 50th Wedding Anniversary party in our Royal Loft Suite on the Allure of the Seas.  We hosted about 30 people and had plenty of room.  The dining table is quite large and was perfect for a buffet.  The bartender was set-up on the balcony where there is a bar and plenty of space.  The suite also has a baby grand piano and our Genie arranged for someone to come and play during the party.  Our party lasted for about three hours and  I believe the cost was around $2000.00 for food and drinks. The guest list included some children which cut down on the bar cost. We hosted  this event in 2019.

• Thanks 1