Sky Princess Cielo dining room

morechances

Is the Cielo dining room closed on Sky?

Or a simple glitch in the system?

I had MDR bookings for my entire cruise for the 28th of January. I looked this morning and the reservations were gone, and there is no mention of the Cielo even existing. 

44 minutes ago, morechances said:

I had MDR bookings for my entire cruise for the 28th of January. I looked this morning and the reservations were gone, and there is no mention of the Cielo even existing. 

You are correct. I originally had some nights booked in Cielo, but changed them to Soleil and Estrella.

I just checked to see if I could book Cielo by Editing one of my nightly reservations...and Cielo is no longer an option. I have read that it is harder to get to and can be hard to find (which is why I switched dining rooms). Maybe they are doing some improvements, or maybe they just don't get enough people dining there to keep it open? 

40 minutes ago, llarsen said:

You are correct. I originally had some nights booked in Cielo, but changed them to Soleil and Estrella.

I just checked to see if I could book Cielo by Editing one of my nightly reservations...and Cielo is no longer an option. I have read that it is harder to get to and can be hard to find (which is why I switched dining rooms). Maybe they are doing some improvements, or maybe they just don't get enough people dining there to keep it open? 

Or, could they be designating it for CC dining?  Or, the 360 experience?
I guess you will find out soon. Let us know.  

Did they book anything for you?  Or, did you have to rebook?

I’ve only seen Club Class in a midship dining room & not in the aft MDR which on Sky is Cielo.

When capacity is low have read about a MDR being closed. As I recall there’s been a recent discussion about a ship in late January that has a partial charter group which could be assigned a MDR.

Merely speculation & have experienced DMW reservations reassigned for no reason other than an unreliable DMW system which has adversely affected us several times.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Or, could they be designating it for CC dining?  Or, the 360 experience?
I guess you will find out soon. Let us know.  

Did they book anything for you?  Or, did you have to rebook?

No. I now have to rebook.

4 hours ago, llarsen said:

I was on the transatlantic in November and ate in there every night. It is actually quite easy to find and probably the best service that I have ever had. 

I was not club class.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve only seen Club Class in a midship dining room & not in the aft MDR which on Sky is Cielo.

When capacity is low have read about a MDR being closed. As I recall there’s been a recent discussion about a ship in late January that has a partial charter group which could be assigned a MDR.

Merely speculation & have experienced DMW reservations reassigned for no reason other than an unreliable DMW system which has adversely affected us several times.

I ate in there every night on my last Sky cruise in November.  And was not club class.

I would expect that it is due to low attendance. 

Too bad, as it is definitely the best service of all of the MDRs on Sky.

4 hours ago, Alcairns said:

I believe that part of Cielo is used for Club Class dining. This may be why it cannot be booked, 

That must have changed in the past couple of months,  as I dined in there in November every night. And one of the other dining rooms was club. 

Too bad, as they have the best service and the best people working there.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

4 minutes ago, morechances said:

That must have changed in the past couple of months,  as I dined in there in November every night. And one of the other dining rooms was club. 

Too bad, as they have the best service and the best people working there.

When you get OB, I’m sure you’ll ask.  

They have changed and closed MDR’s for various reasons since the restart.  It could be because of the guest load, since most of the ships have staff shortages too. May not be full. I’ve only seen CC in midship MDR’s also. But, they are making changes on the ships, and I’m sure many more to come.😮

Let us know.

We were booked in the Cielo each night for an upcoming 14 night cruise in June and all the reservations have disappeared. And it’s not showing up as an option to rebook on any of the nights at any time. I’m hoping it’s a system glitch and will reappear magically just like it disappeared!

7 minutes ago, dcmom said:

We were booked in the Cielo each night for an upcoming 14 night cruise in June and all the reservations have disappeared. And it’s not showing up as an option to rebook on any of the nights at any time. I’m hoping it’s a system glitch and will reappear magically just like it disappeared!

You might check with the IT team for the App to see if it’s a glitch, or not.  

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

or call in tmrw morning after 6 am PT and select the option to speak to the App team for getting OceanReady.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dcmom said:

I will update next week once I get back on the ship.

The maitre d that was in Cielo was top notch. As was my server on my transatlantic in November. 

Both were scheduled to still be on the ship until March. But that can always change. 

We have lost all our bookings in Cielo for our June and September cruises.

Crown Grill bookings are currently still showing.

Have just sent email to askoceanmedallion, as suggested above.

Will update on here if we have hear back.

Edited by RaspberryCremeBrulee
..sent email ...

From the posts on this thread it seems that this if affecting more than one cruise!    Feb 11, Feb 25 (my cruise) and even one in June.    That doesn't sound to me like its because of low capacity but who knows?     I have always preferred the aft dining room so I am disappointed.    Has anyone of previous cruises experienced a closed dining room and knows why it was closed?

We leave June 3….so it looks like Cielo will be closed for the entire month of June.  Very strange! I have learned the hard way to never call on a Monday but I think I will try to get to the bottom of this tomorrow with a phone call to Princess.

14 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Thanks for the heads up!!  We have B2B starting 2/4 and my reservations are gone too!  Bummer!  It will be a mess when people show up thinking they have a reservation!!

We are on the 14 day B2B on 4 Feb. I booked a specialty dining night and when I went to check my recurring reservations for Ciello were not visible. Phoned Princess and they said their records had me down for the Ciello dinning and my specialty night. Have not checked back to see if they have reappeared.

2 hours ago, Another_OldCoot said:

We are on the 14 day B2B on 4 Feb. I booked a specialty dining night and when I went to check my recurring reservations for Ciello were not visible. Phoned Princess and they said their records had me down for the Ciello dinning and my specialty night. Have not checked back to see if they have reappeared.

That’s interesting!  When I try to add back my reservations, Cielo is not an option.  Trying to decide whether or not to book the other options.  Something strange is definitely going on!

2 hours ago, noisywater said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Checked and our reservation is gone.  Just rebooked 

Were your original reservations for Cielo?  If so, you were able to set them up again?  Cielo does not come up as an option for me 🥴

On 1/22/2023 at 9:53 AM, morechances said:

We just got off the Sky this past Saturday and Cielo is open and we ate there 3 times with no issues (pre booked reservation)

• Thanks 1