Just off the Glory

slavigne5577

We just did our Glory cruise 1/15-1/21. First let me say: we were assigned to a table of 8, but only 7 were actually assigned. These were by far the BEST table mates we have ever been seated with ( Strangers not meaning a group we cruised with). We all eat in the MDR every night. Service was a bit slow, but we were having such a good time it did not matter to us. On several occasions we all went to do things together as a group. Food was fine, Not great, but we always found something we could enjoy. 

Our room was warmer than we prefer, but with a fan it was manageable. Our door to the bathroom did not stay closed, but not a big deal. Our steward was attentive and we asked for extra towels and she made sure we had what we needed. [ we heard rumors that the back of the ship had plumbing issues]. We were in front on 6

We love rooming on 6. The only bad behavior we witnessed was  a drunk mother buying her 17 year old daughter shots until the daughter could no longer stay seated on the stool in the piano bar.  All the while hiding it from the waiter, who when he realized it cut her off. That mom was not happy and yelled at her husband for not standing up for her. Luckily we did not see them again. 

We like to find quiet spots to relax and never had a time when we could not be alone if we wanted. 

We enjoyed meeting new people and we found that people were generally polite.

The first two comedians were not to funny, but luckily Just Jane and Kim Harrison were on at the end of cruise. The music was good. Solo musicians were all pretty good. The Rock band was interesting but only played late in the evening. What we heard was good.

The solo cruiser that was seated with us at dinner, broke her ankle on the last day because the Lido grate around the pool broke when she stepped on it. So some areas need to be repaired. 

Over all we had a Great cruise!!! If anyone has questions I will answer if I can.

• Like 5

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear things were good.

We sail Glory a lot and, while the cuts have hit it (particularly food quality) the crew has generally made things work. We were disappointed with Glory on our December cruise, but our January cruise was our best since covid. We'll be back in a few weeks and your comments have upped the odds our December cruise was a one-off.

What made the January cruise especially good was the fellow passengers were all great. So your comments about that is a good sign.

Edit: I just noticed your cruise was the one right after ours. As we were getting off you were getting on. So nice passengers two cruises in a row!

Edited by icft
Add edit

4 minutes ago, icft said:

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear things were good.

We sail Glory a lot and, while the cuts have hit it (particularly food quality) the crew has generally made things work. We were disappointed with Glory on our December cruise, but our January cruise was our best since covid. We'll be back in a few weeks and your comments have upped the odds our December cruise was a one-off.

What made the January cruise especially good was the fellow passengers were all great. So your comments about that is a good sign.

We sat at Alchemy  and made friends every night with all different kinds of people. 

I guess better breaking an ankle on the last day of the cruise than the first day! 

Did you bring a fan, or ask for a fan? 

We'll be a group of 8, so we'll probably have a MDR table to ourselves, I'm guessing. Though, we have had fun with other groups on prior cruises.

How were the main shows?

18 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

The first two comedians were not to funny, but luckily Just Jane and Kim Harrison were on at the end of cruise.

Just June?  I love her!  We are on Glory Feb 5th, I hope she is still there!

5 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I guess better breaking an ankle on the last day of the cruise than the first day! 

Did you bring a fan, or ask for a fan? 

We'll be a group of 8, so we'll probably have a MDR table to ourselves, I'm guessing. Though, we have had fun with other groups on prior cruises.

How were the main shows?

I brought one but on day 2 it broke. I called House keeping and they brought us small round fan. It worked well.