Customs clearance start time

ReeseyB

Please can someone tell me what is the typical time that customs clearance starts on disembarkation day. I understand that it may differ from port to port, I'm particularly interested in the port of Mumbai.

Thanks in advance

If you are asking about Mumbai, India, then good luck getting a definitive answer.

India's Government is about as dysfunctional as they get.

I have traveled to India dozens of times and it can best be described as organized chaos.

I would expect it so start once passengers leave the ship, and continue for as long as it takes.....

Edited by Nachosdelux
  • Like 1

I think it will depend on itinerary.   On our cruise a couple years ago Singapore to Abu Dhabi Customs came aboard at Sri Lanka and Face Face processing was done aboard in one of the lounges.   Was time consuming as instead of automation they entered evrery details manually in log books.    Once we cleared prior to our first port of call we did not have to clear again for the other ports in India. 

Not sure of your itinerary.   

7 hours ago, ReeseyB said:

Hi grandgeezer, mom says, we dock on day 11 of our cruise, we stay onboard in port overnight and then disembark the ship the following day to make our journey home

We’ve never had that situation so I would you would be getting off fairly early. I don’t know if you could leave on day 11, even if you wanted to.

11 hours ago, ReeseyB said:

Please can someone tell me what is the typical time that customs clearance starts on disembarkation day. I understand that it may differ from port to port, I'm particularly interested in the port of Mumbai.

Thanks in advance

I though you Brit's called it Bombay??