Coffee makers in cabin on Getaway

newmil

I've read they're the Hamilton Beach makers with the flat pods, is this correct? 

Are there plenty of pods supplied each day or should i bring my own (DH and I drink 2 cups each morning and I'm looking forward to sitting on our balcony and enjoying the view).  

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, newmil said:

I've read they're the Hamilton Beach makers with the flat pods, is this correct? 

Are there plenty of pods supplied each day or should i bring my own (DH and I drink 2 cups each morning and I'm looking forward to sitting on our balcony and enjoying the view).  

Thanks! 

I would tell cabin steward right off get go you need plenty.  You will probably have to ask for the coffee pot. I just got off breakaway and had to ask for the pot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, newmil said:

Thanks! 

The steward will give you the minimum number of pods he can. On the day we extras left over, I put them inside the cabinet out of sight so he would give us four replacements.  Midway through the cruise they switched from the round coffee pods which fit perfectly to square which you had to squeeze into the coffee maker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newmil said:

Thanks! 

Please see the following thread from the other day. 

18 hours ago, newmil said:

Thanks! 

On my last 2 cruises (September and December) they did not have any regular coffee, only decaf!  I would bring my own pods to be on the safe side.  I had to go to Starbucks every day to get coffee as I cannot drink the horrible ship's coffee

BA 12/4/22.   On the first day we had to ask for a pot and we let the steward know how many pods we wanted each day.  He always gave us that number plus.

I found the coffee to be some of the best on the ship, certainly better than the buffet.   However, I am making my own pods with my beloved Community Coffee for our cruise next month.