Soft drinks choices on Oceania

BigCheese1

Oceania newbie here.

I can see you can ask (through your travel agent) that your cabin steward put soft drinks in your cabin fridge. I prefer diet or sugar free drinks (i keep the calories for yummy food). I have seen photos of the bar menu showing alcoholic drinks. Does anyone have a photo of soft drinks options (or recall them). 
I’m guessing diet Cola of course but maybe diet Sprite, anything else?

They can provide most any desired diet soda, just request it thru Oceania or your TA. Coke products are normally provided in Staterooms but all others are available in the crew store so they are available upon request. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

If you have a special request for any soft drink, do have your TA let them know well in advance so they have time to arrange for the provisioning.  That might be especially important sailing from some ports vs. others.

When we asked for something specific, we also let them know how much of it we expected to drink.  (It makes a difference if one person is drinking perhaps one per day, or if two are each drinking about 3 per day, ahem...)

GC

• Like 1

Earlier this month on Riviera we had asked our TA and gotten coke zero in our fridge.  However, not all venues had easy access to this.  As I can substitute diet coke if needed it was no big deal for me.  I am pretty sure I also saw sprite zero at least once.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for replies. Helpful. Yes I hadn’t thought about quantities (18 day cruise).

I think where I’m struggling is what might be ‘normal’ sugar  free or diet drinks types. As you can see I’m a Brit so I may not know what might be available. One thing I do know is that Root Beer is not for me!

In the UK we have zero sugar flavoured still water in bottles and cans. Does that exist in the US? I think you Americans may have more choice of diet drinks than us. I guess Sprite Zero might be freely available.  A thing called Fresca came to mind, have I imagined that?

BTW we’ll be bringing our own tea bags, you know what us Brits are like for tea (not mad about Liptons if that is what is offered).  Also apparently we have to ask especially for clotted cream to go with our scones (not heavy/ whipping cream/ double cream)……

Getting excited now!

14 minutes ago, BigCheese1 said:

BTW we’ll be bringing our own tea bags, you know what us Brits are like for tea (not mad about Liptons if that is what is offered).  Also apparently we have to ask especially for clotted cream to go with our scones (not heavy/ whipping cream/ double cream)……

Getting excited now!

I believe the tea is Twinings  still 

maybe someone will comment on what is available now

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BigCheese1 said:

Oceania newbie here.

I can see you can ask (through your travel agent) that your cabin steward put soft drinks in your cabin fridge. I prefer diet or sugar free drinks (i keep the calories for yummy food). I have seen photos of the bar menu showing alcoholic drinks. Does anyone have a photo of soft drinks options (or recall them). 
I’m guessing diet Cola of course but maybe diet Sprite, anything else?

How about water? 

36 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

They have Vero water  or do you want a certain bottled water??

We requested to have lots of San Pellegrino sparkling water, which we drink lots of, at home and away.  We had a steady supply of those large glass bottles. 🙂 

GC

• Like 1

I put in my special request yesterday for our upcoming cruise.   Coke Zero and a gallon of distilled water for my CPAP.   Emailed specialservices@oceaniacruises.com.   Within an hour I had a confirmation email that our booking had been updated.

Joe

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 5:36 AM, GeezerCouple said:

We requested to have lots of San Pellegrino sparkling water, which we drink lots of, at home and away.  We had a steady supply of those large glass bottles. 🙂 

GC

On 2/1/2023 at 4:58 AM, LHT28 said:

They have Vero water  or do you want a certain bottled water??

No I’m not meaning plain still water. In the UK we have flavoured still water (lime & lemon or blackberry & apple, say).  I’m thinking Fresca might suffice. Thanks for help.

2 minutes ago, BigCheese1 said:

No I’m not meaning plain still water. In the UK we have flavoured still water (lime & lemon or blackberry & apple, say).  I’m thinking Fresca might suffice. Thanks for help.

When you write here "plain still water", could you be more precise?  You also then write "we have flavoured still water...".

I lived in the UK for a while ages ago, so I am well aware that what might seem to be "the same words" on both sides of the pond... doesn't always mean the exact same thing.  (I had several *very* funny experiences along those lines, and one rather embarrasing one...!)

So you want flavored still (not sparkling) water?  With *only* flavor, or also sweetened (and if the latter, natural/caloric sweetener or non/low-calorie sweetener).

Also, I thought Fresca was sparkling; do you care about the sparkling/still choice?

There should be plenty of choices of each type.

Where are you sailing from, which might affect Oceania's provisioning, and when, for timing.

In terms of photos of what is in the fridge/etc., what you might be requesting could be something different, so don't restrict yourself. 🙂

We hope you enjoy Oceania as much as we do!

GC

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

When you write here "plain still water", could you be more precise?  You also then write "we have flavoured still water...".

I lived in the UK for a while ages ago, so I am well aware that what might seem to be "the same words" on both sides of the pond... doesn't always mean the exact same thing.  (I had several *very* funny experiences along those lines, and one rather embarrasing one...!)

So you want flavored still (not sparkling) water?  With *only* flavor, or also sweetened (and if the latter, natural/caloric sweetener or non/low-calorie sweetener).

Also, I thought Fresca was sparkling; do you care about the sparkling/still choice?

There should be plenty of choices of each type.

Where are you sailing from, which might affect Oceania's provisioning, and when, for timing.

In terms of photos of what is in the fridge/etc., what you might be requesting could be something different, so don't restrict yourself. 🙂

We hope you enjoy Oceania as much as we do!

GC

Oh my, how kind, who’ve thought this would end up with a big conversation!
Yes it’s very funny about the same  words meaning different thing on both sides of the Atlantic. I have quite a few tales to tell on that.

So we sail from Lima (Callao). I guess that Marina starts off in Florida and goes to

S America, the back from S America to Florida.

Yes  I prefer flavoured still  water but sparkling flavoured will suffice. Don’t like plain sparkling water. Not mad  about Cola but Sprite is OK. Trying to work out if there are any  choices on commonly available  soft drinks or might I get my TA to ask for  something  nice.

Yes with a sweetener content is fine, don’t mind which sort.

Don’t really drink alcohol, but my hubby does, so he has a beverage package.

Yes we are thinking Oceania will be lovely!

• Like 1

What I seem to have trouble tracking down is Diet Ginger Ale. It's there, just not very plentiful, Oddly enough I enjoy it with Rum. It's also rumored to be good for seasickness. I really don't have a seasickness issue, but when we get to rolling I think we all feel it a bit.