European combination washer/dryer on some decks of Viking Ocean ships

Iloveketo

2 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

This is just ridiculous!!!!!  I will be sending things out, although I am not on the star.  As I said, perhaps this is want Viking wants.  

They do sound like a good idea but in practise they aren't. I had one. Never again. 

9 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Does the cruise line offer laundry services? I don't want to do laundry on vacation. My brother? He always spends the last day of the trip doing laundry.  He can't stand smelly/dirty clothes in his luggage.  

Yes, depending on 

9 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Does the cruise line offer laundry services? I don't want to do laundry on vacation. My brother? He always spends the last day of the trip doing laundry.  He can't stand smelly/dirty clothes in his luggage.  

Yes, you can send it out and pay for it, but for suite it is even include:

• Complimentary laundry, dry cleaning, pressing and shoeshine services.

11 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

And what do you do with clothes that get washed, but not dried which are basically all of mine?  Can you take them out in between?  I never thought I’d be asking this kind of minutia on Viking, but alas.  Are they doing this maybe to get everyone to pay to have it done, and  do away with free laundry.  I certainly won’t be using this.

I wondered this same thing....what about things that are wash and hang dry. Can you take them out in-between?

I can't even imagine trying to dry jeans in one of those. Perhaps they will start including clothes drying racks we can set up in our stateroom to dry our laundry🤣....this is modern technology at it's best.

3 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

I wondered this same thing....what about things that are wash and hang dry. Can you take them out in-between?

I can't even imagine trying to dry jeans in one of those. Perhaps they will start including clothes drying racks we can set up in our stateroom to dry our laundry🤣....this is modern technology at it's best.

Or a clothes line on the balcony? 🤪

• Like 1

Pax on the ship(s) with combo washer/dryers, if not satisfied with the performance, need to include feedback directly to the GM or Customer Service Manager and on the end of cruise feedback.

If the Neptune, as the newest ship has traditional machines installed by the shipyard contract, when they break down, Viking Operations must be replacing them with combo machines. Unless we provide feedback, they may continue to purchase replacement combo machines.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We scored our neighbours undies on one cruise after a balcony dry 😳🤢.  not Viking. I didn't touch them but left a note for the attendant to confirm they weren't mine and to please dispose of them.  Or locate the owner. 😂. They were very large. I bet he chucked them. 

There are lines in the shower. Bring some lightweight metal pegs and a lightweight plastic coat hanger. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2023 at 5:24 AM, Iloveketo said:

Yes, depending on 

Yes, you can send it out and pay for it, but for suite it is even include:

• Complimentary laundry, dry cleaning, pressing and shoeshine services.

Great news! Thanks.  Now we just booked a New England cruise to Montreal in 2024. Our first cruise with Viking.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Great news! Thanks.  Now we just booked a New England cruise to Montreal in 2024. Our first cruise with Viking.

We have only cruised with Viking. We have done 6 cruises. Our first was in January of 2020. We love them. We stay in PV or DV depending on how important getting to book the optional excursions a little sooner is to us. We are doing the Eastern Seaboard with a post in Montreal this September. It should be beautiful at that time of year!

Yes, Veranda, Deluxe Veranda and Penthouse Veranda you either pay or do it yourself and there is a laundry port side on decks 3, 4, 5, and maybe 6. Detergent is included, too. Penthouse Veranda has free pressing and shoeshine, also.
Penthouse Junior Suite, Explores Suite and Owners Suite laundry is included. 
Glad my previous explanation was understandable. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 3:18 PM, Jim Avery said:

The expedition ships have drying closets.  Maybe that will be retrofitted to the ocean ships.🍹

The drying closet in my cabin on my Great Lakes cruise could not be turned on and used for 'drying'.  I think they might only fire those up when needed in the 'far south'.  

• Like 1