Family inside vs inside

Kuiet-time

Ok thanks you

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

there is no difference. its the same thing. ncl adds family wording to increase the pricing higher

Ok thank you! They put my older son and minor kids far away from everyone else in our group. I am going to ask if one of our cabins can switch people so that the kids are closer to some adults. 

27 minutes ago, LongIsland-Cruiser said:

Some family insides, like the Joy, are actually 2 bedrooms with a wall that mimics a view.  There are several threads on here about that.   You would need to specify what ship you are talking about.

The large Joy insides are actually suites and you pay suite prices for them (comes with a butler to turn your "virtual balcony" on). 

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The large Joy insides are actually suites and you pay suite prices for them (comes with a butler to turn your "virtual balcony" on). 

The Joy non-Haven suites do not come with a butler.   

36 minutes ago, LongIsland-Cruiser said:

Some family insides, like the Joy, are actually 2 bedrooms with a wall that mimics a view.  There are several threads on here about that.   You would need to specify what ship you are talking about.

We are on the NCL Escape 

6 minutes ago, Kuiet-time said:

We are on the NCL Escape 

The room descriptions are below. The room sizes are identical, 135 sq ft (the 201 sq ft is a ADA room). The Family rooms are on upper decks forward and aft. In the past, they would put "family" rooms near the kid's club... concentrating the kids running through the halls to a small portion of the ship. The Category I4 indicates that they charge a premium price for those rooms. 

image.png.dbc3174c156dbe66e90fd3db871a49a7.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The room descriptions are below. The room sizes are identical, 135 sq ft (the 201 sq ft is a ADA room). The Family rooms are on upper decks forward and aft. In the past, they would put "family" rooms near the kid's club... concentrating the kids running through the halls to a small portion of the ship. The Category I4 indicates that they charge a premium price for those rooms. 

image.png.dbc3174c156dbe66e90fd3db871a49a7.png

Ok so yes the same amount of space. My kids are on deck 12 way forward, whereas everyone else in inside cabins are on deck 11 in the aft. Just seems really far away from the group for no real advantage