Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

Greg, I am so glad you went to the Sunset Bar and the beach there on St Maarten today.  Brought back many wonderful memories.  My husband and I are both in the food distribution business, and traveled there and throughout the Caribbean for work.  We often stayed at the hotel that is in your photos, at the far end of the beach from the Sunset.  It was the Maho Sonesta back then, not sure what it is now.  

Even though I often flew in and out and stayed right there, I had no idea about the airport by the beach for the first 3-5 years we visited. We were at a bar on the beach that was a gutted boat/yacht with bar stools around it - I'm sure it's long gone.  That is where I experienced a plane taking off and blowing us off the barstools.  I had no idea and we had stayed there several times by then!  And we had watched the planes land and take off from the hotel.  I feel dumb but I had no idea.  

Sorry to ramble, just loved all of your videos and glad you had what looks like a wonderful day in my old stomping grounds.  We have only been gone since they had a terrible hurricane, then just when they were about to recover/reopen COVID hit. But it seems like a lifetime ago.  

• Like 4

Wow, Sunset looks very different and presume a lot of the change is due to damages after Irma & Maria. Had to look up when I was last there, 7 years, didn't realize it had been so long! The pool area wasn't yet there.

Edited by aztekpm
  • Like 4