Can I check in if I've got a Moveup bid pending?

Aimes29

Hi, first time cruiser so hope this is not a silly question!

Should I do the online check-in if I'm bidding on an upgrade?

I don't think we'll be successful in our bid as all AQ cabins showing as sold, but don't want to ruin the slight chance we have.

Is there a benefit to checking in as early as possible? Better boarding times etc

Yes- check in.  If you get a move up, the cabin/suite will change.  If you move up to a suite, when onboard or as soon as you are notified of the change, you can cancel things that you paid additional for such as beverage packages, wiifi that will now be included. 

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Yes- check in.  If you get a move up, the cabin/suite will change.  If you move up to a suite, when onboard or as soon as you are notified of the change, you can cancel things that you paid additional for such as beverage packages, wiifi that will now be included. 

Good luck.

That is incorrect unless the upgrade is to a Royal Suite or above.

With Move Up you retain the perks of your original booking.  So if someone moves from a non suite category to a suite they now have Luminae, the Retreat Lounge and Sun Deck and Butler.  They do not get the Premium Beverage package, stream wi-fi, OBC or the additional  attains Club points.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aimes29 said:

I don't think we'll be successful in our bid as all AQ cabins showing as sold, but don't want to ruin the slight chance we have.

but how many of the AQ cabins are bidding on suites?  Some may open up because of this

40 minutes ago, jpsykes said:

but how many of the AQ cabins are bidding on suites?  Some may open up because of this

True though all suites showing as sold out too 😕 Obviously getting no upgrade is not the end of the world but would be extra nice!

When you first make your bid you got a confirmation.   If you click on the confirmation you will be able to see your bids and can modify or cancel them also.    Sometimes you call see all your bids other times you have to click each bid link independently.

3 minutes ago, workingboy said:

I've got a move up bid in from a concerige class to a sky suite sailing in three weeks.  When I log into the  bid it says "pending" and I can't change or cancel it.  Is this a good sign?

If you see this using the link from your original bid for the Concierge you most likely will win the upgrade and will be processed shortly.   If you see this using a link from a different category e.g. Aqua -  that is normal and you have to use the original to be able to cancel or up the bid.

14 hours ago, Aimes29 said:

Hi, first time cruiser so hope this is not a silly question!

Should I do the online check-in if I'm bidding on an upgrade?

Is there a benefit to checking in as early as possible? Better boarding times etc

I'm in Aqua Class.  You can have my room if they upgrade me to a Sky Suite!

Elvis