"Bars on this ship are closed during sea days. So we paid for drinks we cannot have." from a Summit review

webecruzin2

We were on in October and the limited supply of liquors and wines was much improved.  We did not ask for a wine or liquor that was not available. 
We have a B2B in April and I am concerned about the cutbacks in the menu options.

I'm on the Summit now (4 night Miami, Key West, Nassau) and on Saturday, our Sea Day, the bars were open.  They were also closed, but no bar single bar will be open 24 hours.  Bars have hours of operation, just like the restaurants.

Aside from maybe using hyperbole for the bar situation, I read the review as legitimate.  I can see how certain beverages would not be available or in short supply, and then they run out.  

Its been a great trip and I'm bummed we're on our way back to Miami. 

B1F2AF86-33CF-4B4A-B000-CE32E5BB80CB.jpeg

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

You do!!

Do I? I haven’t sailed since September so have no opinion on how the latest changes have impacted cruises. So posting positive and honest views on our experiences cruising is having an agenda? Blimey. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You posted a link to the OP.  If the bars were closed on sea days don't you think there would have been OTHER posts and videos?  Lots of them.

I posted the link of the review that people were asking for. The above quoted members posted that they didn't see reports of this. #1~Asked where it was read and #2~ that there was not one report. I was just providing the review I assumed the OP was referencing.  I didn't write the review. 

Patty 

Edited by cw2go
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

My mother was 18 when she maried and had me. I was 21 when I had my first child. So...my mother was 36 when I became 18 and 39 when she became a grandmother.

Not so common today, but certainly not heard of.

However, the bar statements are just wrong. On a port day he may had a little difficulty in finding a bar during the day that made frozen drinks or specialty drinks. Maybe.

Wife was 40 and I was 41 when the first grandchild arrived 

a lot easier to play and take care of the grandchild in your 40’s than your 60’s 😉😁
I wonder did they walk by some bars at 10 am and was complaining about those were closed in the morning? 🤔

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 6:57 AM, webecruzin2 said:

Just reading a recent Summit review and they stated "bars on the Summit are closed on sea days."  
I would think that would be cause for mutiny, jk.  
But seriously that can't be true, can it?  Anyone experience this recently?

all bars were opened on our Equinox sailing last month on sea days

When docked in port, many ports do not allow all the bars to be open.  We found the pool bar was allowed to serve

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Wow- all these posts and activity over one short and inaccurate review.

IMO, a lot of people are looking for something different to talk about while waiting for the ships to return to service. 😉

There are some interesting topics to choose from. 😁