Best NCL private island

Monica887

I know it's subjective, but which NCL private island/beach is your favorite and why? 

I tend to not do much on them - I need a chair and a frozen drink and a little shade and I'm happy, if I'm alone. If I'm with my kids, add in calm water that's not too crowded for safe swimming. 

I think the one I really liked was Harvest Caye that had the pool and butterfly garden and some other features that made it nice for walking around. 

It’s completely subjective. There are different pros and cons. If you have a family, if you’re interested in nature, if you’re interested in food venues, shopping, nature, beach, excursion...

There are experiences from luxury to fully included with no cost. 

The most noticeable difference between the two islands is food costs as Harvest Caye has nothing included, because it is not owned by Ncl. 

You have to think what is most important to you and that will definitely help make a decision. Check out a ton of YouTube videos online as well.

if you let folks know what are the things that are important to you they can probably offer more specific information to help. 

warmest, Amy 

37 minutes ago, amygutman said:

It’s completely subjective. There are different pros and cons. If you have a family, if you’re interested in nature, if you’re interested in food venues, shopping, nature, beach, excursion...

There are experiences from luxury to fully included with no cost. 

The most noticeable difference between the two islands is food costs as Harvest Caye has nothing included, because it is not owned by Ncl. 

You have to think what is most important to you and that will definitely help make a decision. Check out a ton of YouTube videos online as well.

if you let folks know what are the things that are important to you they can probably offer more specific information to help. 

warmest, Amy 

I was just wondering people's own opinions - I don't really need the input, just curious! Private islands are never my favorite ports but I'm curious what people like about different ones. 

I like Harvest Cay because I didn't have to tender but like GSC because I don't have to pay for food/drink. I am not a beach person so probably only spend 2 hours at either one.  Give me an empty Thermal Spa while everyone is off the ship and that's where I'll spend the day.

• Like 1

Harvest Caye pros:  no tendering, lots of beach chairs and large swimming area to just relax and float in.  More to do and see.   Cons:  have to pay for food and drink on island.

Great Stirrup Caye: Pros:  food and drink included.   Cons:  tender and longer walking area to find beach chairs and the place we did find chairs was a rocky beach. It was too hard on my SIL who has mobility issues.   We missed this island last time as it was too windy to tender.  😞  Had hoped for a better experience!

Harvest Caye has my vote.  

• Like 1

I LOVE GSC because I love a beach day. Beautiful white sand and lots of lounge chairs!!
Last time we were there, we went past the main beach and past the bar to a nice smaller beach area that was quiet. If I remember correctly , it was the third beach area. There was even a server who came around for drink orders.

I wish NCL would build a dock here instead of having to tender though. It’s such a shame, in my opinion, when you have to miss this stop because of wave or wind conditions.

• Like 1