Testing req. for unvaccinated pax

shipsmail

Our last cruise was in 2020 pre-pandemic, but we will be back in April to the Wind starting in Lisbon. We are four people. One of them cannot be vaccinated due an health issue, the others are fully vaccinated. I know for a cruise to European ports non vaccinated people can proof a negative test result. Has anyone experiences how the boarding and control of this tests happens recently?

Another question is a little off topic. In the past we could board at noon and enjoy lunch on the day of departure. We have booked the cruise incl. hotel and the transfer to the ship at 2 p.m. leaving the hotel. But can I organize our transfer on our own and then board at noon as we always did pre-pandemic?

Boarding and check in is complete shambles

Southampton check starts at noon did not board till after 3 pm that was last May on the Moon

December in Sydney the same  only 3 SS reps at counter  and three intercruise reps to check passports

and other paperwork

My suggestion eat a hardy breakfast

21 minutes ago, etual324 said:

Southampton check starts at noon did not board till after 3 pm that was last May on the Moon

December in Sydney the same  only 3 SS reps at counter  and three intercruise reps to check passports

and other paperwork

Is that an issue just overseas because of country requirements?  The reason I ask is that it couldn’t have been any easier in Ft Lauderdale boarding the Dawn.  Started boarding process at 1 PM with a pretty standard health questionnaire with a few Covid related questions,  then a quick touch less temperature check, a glance at our CDC vaccination card, finish the rest of the standard check in, and we were in the Dawn by 1:15 PM.    

Edited by Randyk47

2 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Is that an issue just overseas because of country requirements?  The reason I ask is that it couldn’t have been any easier in Ft Lauderdale boarding the Dawn.  Started boarding process at 1 PM with a pretty standard health questionnaire with a few Covid related questions,  then a quick touch less temperature check, a glance at our CDC vaccination card, finish the rest of the standard check in, and we were in the Dawn by 1:15 PM.    

Hi Randy, I was wondering the same thing because I was on board the Dawn at 1:30 last month as well.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:29 AM, etual324 said:

and other paperwork

With waffles. 😅

Not looking forward to the check in process in a months time as Silver Dawn is sailing at capacity. (It’s shown as wait listed.)

I might plan to make my own way to the shop prior to the SS provided coach transfer and hopefully avoid most of the queues. I know when we boarded Jan 2022 we experienced what you did, with several stations for Covid checks and testing and it took 2 hours to complete whereas  guests arriving prior to the masses seemed to get a smoother ride. Doing this probably spreads the load.

• 2 weeks later...