DINING RESERVATIONS

tamilyn

51 minutes ago, tamilyn said:

If you have purchased a dining package, can you reserve dining times before boarding?  If so, how?  Do you have to call or can you do it online?

You can't reserve times/days until you board if you buy a package.

Can book in the cruise planner and select day/time if you book each specialty restaurant individually. 

Patty

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Can book in the cruise planner and select day/time if you book each specialty restaurant individually. 

Patty

That's what I thought.  The same way on Royal Caribbean.  I just wanted to make sure.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, tamilyn said:

That's what I thought.  The same way on Royal Caribbean.  I just wanted to make sure.  Thanks!

No sure what ship you're sailing but want to add Le Voyage isn't an option with any package. If you want Eden it sells out often so once on board the times and dates are super limited. 

Patty 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cw2go said:

If you purchase the package you get a few dollars off and you have to book on board. I decided to pay the regular price and did reservations on the app, I like to select date and time, I think its worth a few extra dollars.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

I don't have a dining package but was able to reserve the MDR on the app for the first night but not for any other nights.Why would that happen I am wondering. 

Try using the cruise planner on the website. The app is always wonky. 

3 hours ago, cw2go said:

Try using the cruise planner on the website. The app is always wonky. 

I’m trying to do this now. When I try to book it says “adding to cart failed”. I guess that means there’s no availability? App didn’t give me any either. 

1 hour ago, sunviking90 said:

I’m trying to do this now. When I try to book it says “adding to cart failed”. I guess that means there’s no availability? App didn’t give me any either. 

What is the ship and sail date? Did you try to log out and log back in? 

If dining options with times are showing then there should be availability. Select the restaurant, day, time and add to cart. Not sure why you're getting a failed alert. Maybe try calling Celebrity.

Patty 

2 hours ago, cw2go said:

What is the ship and sail date? Did you try to log out and log back in? 

If dining options with times are showing then there should be availability. Select the restaurant, day, time and add to cart. Not sure why you're getting a failed alert. Maybe try calling Celebrity.

Patty 

I’m wondering if it’s because we haven’t paid the gratuities? We didn’t book the all included. I know in the past you had to prepay the gratuities to choose the select. Not sure if this is still a thing? We don’t cruise Celebrity all that often. 
App says no availability, online I get the error when adding to the cart.

Cruise is April 15th.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 1

We booked cruise only price too, but it still allowed us to book speciality restaurants. (We paid the gratuities at the end of the cruise).

If you can’t book on the app try using another device, log on to Celebrity.com and then go into manage your booking.

Then select which restaurant you want. It should show the days and times available for those days.

For the main restaurants, you can only book one day ahead, you can’t book ahead for the whole of the cruise… at least that’s what we were told. 

15 minutes ago, The Med said:

For the main restaurants, you can only book one day ahead, you can’t book ahead for the whole of the cruise… at least that’s what we were told. 

That isn’t correct… if you have select dining you can make reservations in advance for every night of the cruise. 

13 minutes ago, The Med said:

We booked cruise only price too, but it still allowed us to book speciality restaurants. (We paid the gratuities at the end of the cruise).

If you can’t book on the app try using another device, log on to Celebrity.com and then go into manage your booking.

Then select which restaurant you want. It should show the days and times available for those days.

Hi

We are on the 3rd May Silhouette sailing and I booked MDR for all 10 night last week.

There was no availability between 18:15 - 20:15.

Booked on the Cruise Planner on website.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I’m wondering if it’s because we haven’t paid the gratuities? We didn’t book the all included. I know in the past you had to prepay the gratuities to choose the select. Not sure if this is still a thing? We don’t cruise Celebrity all that often. 
App says no availability, online I get the error when adding to the cart.

Cruise is April 15th.

21 minutes ago, The Med said:

Hope I can help, @sunviking90 no need to pre pay gratuities, I think you need to call Celebrity. April 15th reservations should have been available a long time ago. If specialty or setting a preferred dining time is important to you please call asap otherwise this can be done once onboard but you may be limited with choices of time/days.

You can book the MDR for the full sailing as well. I have personally done this, book each day in the venue of choice, the same as you do for specialties. So for the future @The Med you now know. 

Patty 

19 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Hope I can help, @sunviking90 no need to pre pay gratuities, I think you need to call Celebrity. April 15th reservations should have been available a long time ago. If specialty or setting a preferred dining time is important to you please call asap otherwise this can be done once onboard but you may be limited with choices of time/days.

You can book the MDR for the full sailing as well. I have personally done this, book each day in the venue of choice, the same as you do for specialties. So for the future @The Med you now know. 

Patty 

Thanks! I’m just trying to book MDR, not specialty. I’ll email our Celebrity cruise planner and see if she can help. I just like to not have the stress of making reservations, or hoping not to wait when on board. We do have a bid in for Aqua, so hopefully it will all be for nothing and we’ll be in Blu, lol.

• Like 1

Ah, ok, I stand corrected re main dining bookings.

We personally weren’t able to book any before boarding and no more than 24 hours in advance once on board. No idea why if everyone else seems to have achieved it! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kcbarker said:

We are on Apex. If you have set dining time do you have to eat in the same restaurant every night , or can you reserve other MDR’s  for your set time?

You won't have a set dining time automatically. On the E-class ships, all the MDRs are anytime dining. You can (maybe, based on this thread) make an individual reservation for each night.

In December, we just showed up at a dining room when we wanted to eat. One night, we waited 5-7 minutes. The others, we were seated immediately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have found reservation times for all nights on our Summit cruise but only 2 times for early 5:45 res. Does this mean that the MDR is fully booked the other days for an early dinner? Is there a chance they limit reservations so there is space for walk-ins? 

12 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

You won't have a set dining time automatically. On the E-class ships, all the MDRs are anytime dining. You can (maybe, based on this thread) make an individual reservation for each night.

In December, we just showed up at a dining room when we wanted to eat. One night, we waited 5-7 minutes. The others, we were seated immediately.

We are traveling with a group of 7. Some have 6PM seating and som have anytime dining.  Do you know if they will allow us all to eat at 7PM?  I have tried to change us all to Anytime but they tell me it is 'sold out'

6 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

We are traveling with a group of 7. Some have 6PM seating and som have anytime dining.  Do you know if they will allow us all to eat at 7PM?  I have tried to change us all to Anytime but they tell me it is 'sold out'

Answered on other thread. 😉

• Thanks 1