Overnight stay before Port Canaveral departure: stay in Orlando or close to port?

Jenbirds

As with anything, it depends. You can get a decent hotel with breakfast not far from MCO (north of the airport along Semoran Blvd.), with a shuttle to take you there and one to return you to MCO to grab the cruise line's transportation on the morning of the cruise.

Most of the shuttles to the port area (not the cruise line shuttles on day of) only make the run to that area earlier in the day, so your decision might be made by the time of your flight. (Of course, there's always Uber/Lyft, but a lot of people here seem to be nervous about that option.)

The later in the day you fly into MCO, the more challenging it will be to find transport to the PC area (unless you are renting a car one-way).  We prefer to stay in Orlando (1000's of hotels in all price ranges) and make our way to the port area in the morning.  Your call.

I also agree with the timing answer. 

We will sail out of Port Canaveral in the fall and we've stayed before near the port.  If you have to make that Uber/Lyft/transfer down 528 anyway, staying in/near Orlando and staying near the port is an even comparison.  We'd rather begin our vacation immediately and stay in/near Orlando.  I'd like to go back to International Drive because we haven't been there in a while.  Orlando has better restaurants and more things happening after dinner.  The port has the ocean.

19 hours ago, MD_Dan said:

I also agree with the timing answer. 

We will sail out of Port Canaveral in the fall and we've stayed before near the port.  If you have to make that Uber/Lyft/transfer down 528 anyway, staying in/near Orlando and staying near the port is an even comparison.  We'd rather begin our vacation immediately and stay in/near Orlando.  I'd like to go back to International Drive because we haven't been there in a while.  Orlando has better restaurants and more things happening after dinner.  The port has the ocean.

Go Terps!!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

We just stayed at Four Points by Sheraton, and loved it, great location, walk to the beach, plenty of restaurants around, mini golf, and cvs,walgreens across the street. Hotel was nice, and clean.

2 hours ago, indy71 said:

Hampton Inn. 

Thanks I will check them out. 

• Like 1