Boarding Assistance

ridgerunner51

Cannot speak with absolute certainty...but I would think anybody "in authority" at the terminal should be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.  It might help us to better answer if you could share exactly what type of assistance is needed.

• Thanks 1

When you drop off your bags ask the assistant for handicap help. If you need a wheelchair they will bring you a Wheelchair and an assistant will push you all the way to the check in counter. Once checked in they switched to an another assistant who pushed all the way on the ship. When you debark the ship notify the ship and the will pick you up and push you all the way to vehicle pick up area.

We had a very unique situation and I have to say Princess did a fantastic job with our handicap. I think our travel agent had called Princess and this is what they told her.

• Thanks 1

Your TA or Princess can note in your booking that you need wheelchair assistance on and off the ship.  This notation helps Princess know how many people to have available to do the transports and lets them know of your needs.  

Once you check in at the terminal let the staff know you need boarding assistance and they will direct you to a waiting area for those needing wheelchair assistance. 

• Thanks 1

I am planning a trip with my mother and was advised to complete a mobility questionnaire by a Princess sales person, over the phone. She told me to send a request for an wheelchair and the completed questionnaire to Accessofficeprincess@princess.com. I received a receipt with the information including the need for a wheelchair at embarkation and debarkation and there was no charge. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 9:17 AM, ridgerunner51 said:

Who do I contact to request boarding assistance in Fort Lauderdale?

TIA

Not knowing the amount of assistance you require. 

When you arrive at the Pier, and start the check in process they will assist you at that time.  They have ships crew manning wheel chairs and will ensure that you can get onto the ship and if needed to your cabin.   If you have rented a scooter, it will be inside of your cabin.  

We did this with a disabled friend just before covid.  It was easy and mostly painless.

• Thanks 1