Drinks package

jaxw17

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

I drink, but my wife doesn’t. May I buy the alcohol package, whilst my wife has the no alcohol package?

No. Both adults have to have the alcohol package. Be aware that there are lots of restrictions in addition to the price and number of drinks limits. For example, no doubles and no premium mixers, just the cheap and nasty pump dispensed ones. 

Thank you Selbourne. Seems a little unfair that I am “encouraged “to purchase an alcoholic drinks package for my non alcohol drinking wife,.. perhaps I’d be better to consider a pay as you go type arrangement rather than opt in to the packages.. pity really as I prefer to pay up front and not be worrying about what I’m drinking beyond the initial outlay.

Anyhow, thanks for your reply.

kind regards 

Edited by Manchester is blue

3 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

Thank you Selbourne. Seems a little unfair that I am “encouraged “to purchase an alcoholic drinks package for my non alcohol drinking wife,.. perhaps I’d be better to consider a pay as you go type arrangement rather than opt in to the packages.. pity really as I prefer to pay up front and not be worrying about what I’m drinking beyond the initial outlay.

kind regards 

Know what you mean,we are on a 19 night cruise soon,my Wife drinks but I don't,we would be looking at over £1500 for effectively one person to have the drink package,crazy!😙😙

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

kind regards 

In all honesty, there is no difference in ease of payment paying as you go versus using a package, as whilst you sign for your drinks you just pay one bill at the end of the cruise.

Family members were absolutely convinced that they were going to get the drinks package on their first P&O cruise. They drink a lot more than we do. Anyhow, I explained the numerous restrictions (that exclude much of what we drink, for example) and that drinks on P&O are very reasonably priced. They eventually listened to me, bought what they want when they wanted it and kept a log of all expenditure in order to prove me wrong! However, they thanked me when they got back as they saved a fortune by not paying for the package.

I read a review the other day of someone who bought the drinks package and was most unhappy, feeling that they had been ripped off due to all the restrictions that they foolishly hadn’t researched properly. 

Edited by Selbourne

The price of drinks onboard are actually quite resonable.  In my opinion there is little value in the drinks package as you would have to hammer the drinks to get your moneys worth.

Far better to pay as you go.  (Unless of course you are an alcoholic 🤪)

That’s really very helpful. I have cruised with Celebrity and Marella but not with P and O,.. thus far. I have only ever had a drink package on previous cruises but your advice regarding that is helpful to me so thank you..Just read Harryjacobs advice also,.. Thanks Harry, and it seems he is also singing from a similar song sheet.

Cheers guys, your advice is appreciated.