710 club

Joysey

38 minutes ago, Joysey said:

Is someone able to tell me where I need to go to book the 710 club when I embark Iona ?

On My Holiday, on your phone or tablet. Do it quickly though, as all performances apart from a couple of the 00:15 ones were booked up within the first couple of days when we were on Arvia last month.

• Thanks 1

Chances are as they is no cost to book, only half the people will turn up, so worth going by and they’ve been letting people queue on standby.

they really need to stop allowing unlimited booking for the small venues like this as people just book speculatively and then don’t care if they decide not to go.

45 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Perhaps is on the App but prior toy cruise there is no mention of 710 Club in MyPOCruises for my upcoming cruise.

Nor for us in January; only available on My Holiday once on board.  I understand there is a way to log on whilst waiting in the departure lounge, if you are that desperate. 

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

Nor for us in January; only available on My Holiday once on board.  I understand there is a way to log on whilst waiting in the departure lounge, if you are that desperate. 

I am not desperate just didn't think there was a 710 Club on Iona with there being mention of it. Thought it was just on Arvia until I checked deck plan and found it on Iona.

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I am not desperate just didn't think there was a 710 Club on Iona with there being mention of it. Thought it was just on Arvia until I checked deck plan and found it on Iona.

'if you are that desperate' was for the benefit of the OP 🤭

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

So when you put that message why did you quote me in post #9.

We'll, if you really want me to explain myself; I meant to quote the two of you - the OP because they asked the original question, and you because you made reference to the app. But I hadn't done it correctly.

Don't worry, it's not a conspiracy you know.🤭

11 minutes ago, TigerB said:

We'll, if you really want me to explain myself; I meant to quote the two of you - the OP because they asked the original question, and you because you made reference to the app. But I hadn't done it correctly.

Don't worry, it's not a conspiracy you know.🤭

I'm not upset that you didn't quote me. We went in 710 on Iona......so there....🤪

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TigerB said:

Was it any good? Did we miss anything?

Actually it was quite good. Tonight on Azura we are in the Manhatan lounge to see some singer/comedian bloke, then off to the theatre to see some show. Both will probably be entertaining,  so will do what it said on the tin. Somebody will complain..somebody always does..🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Actually it was quite good. Tonight on Azura we are in the Manhatan lounge to see some singer/comedian bloke, then off to the theatre to see some show. Both will probably be entertaining,  so will do what it said on the tin. Somebody will complain..somebody always does..🤣

👍

We'll see if we can manage to book one or two when we're on Iona in June.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/14/2023 at 7:15 PM, rattla said:

Chances are as they is no cost to book, only half the people will turn up, so worth going by and they’ve been letting people queue on standby.

On my last cruise on Iona I visited the 710 club a dozen times (having pre-booked) and they only occasionally let in a couple of people on the early performance from the standby queue, and on the middle performance then at most six or eight people, so I would say that most of the people booking for those two performances do turn up.

It is the late midnight performance where there are a lot of no-shows as people get tired and decide not to bother.

We were unable to pre-book any 710 on arrival to the ship (and we had an early check in) but it’s quite a small venue and worth going to see a few shows, so it’s worth making the effort. There were often slots at 12.15 bookable on the day, and the occasional cancellation slots appeared. We got in quite easily just walking up and asking for a 7.15.

it’s the best venue on the fleet in my opinion.

• Like 1