OJ on cruise free?

hfdad

Guest BasicSailor

Staff will push the fresh squeezed orange juice for a fee in the MDR. You may have request the regular OJ.  The OJ on Lido is some sort of OJ substitute that really does not taste that good.

There is OJ in the drink stations on the lido in the morning. I love that Guava, Passion Orange juice so I've always just had that so I can't attest to how it tastes. I have had OJ in the dining room for brunch that is good and I've never been asked to purchase fresh squeezed. Not sure if that's new in recent weeks but I was just on a cruise in January. The only juice for pay I know of is the mixed fresh pressed juice. 

2 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

There is OJ in the drink stations on the lido in the morning. I love that Guava, Passion Orange juice...

This is what crack must be like. I carry a Yeti just to fill with this every morning and enjoy it on the balcony in the late afternoons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Just to be clear what's served in both the buffet and at brunch Isn't Orange JUICE. It's an Orange DRINK. 

http://barbusinesstt.com/fruit-juice-vs-fruit-drink-whats-the-difference/

3 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

It's really not that serious. It's labeled as Orange Juice on the machines. 🙄

That's because it's on a ship registered in Bahamas or Panama.  According to US laws, when sold stateside, unless it's an actual orange JUICE, from concentrate or otherwise (doesn't need to be fresh-squeezed; if it was kept in a steel tank for a year, it still counts), it's a DRINK.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

It's really not that serious. It's labeled as Orange Juice on the machines. 🙄

It's not about serious but about being clear what is actually being served regardless of what Carnival calls it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

The juice dispensers are concentrated whatever. The machine does not mix the right amount of water with the substance. I had to fill a glass 1/3 with water and 2/3 from the juice to cut it. It helped, but was never great.

I do the same thing with the iced tea, which I actually like with a little bit of lemonade mixed in. It's far too strong straight from the tap.

To the OP's question, yes, you can always get OJ at breakfast or brunch for free.  Sometimes a staff member will come around pushing "fresh squeezed" juices for $5 per glass, but the regular OJ is always free.

AND I've never had any complaints about the OJ either from the machines in the buffet or in the MDR, I guess some people are a lot pickier than me.  (And I grew up in Florida with orange trees in our backyard).  Also, the Passion Fruit Cocktail, when it's available, goes great with rum.  😁

Edited by groundloop
  • Like 1