Club Orange on Eurodam

2LoveBikes

Would appreciate any information you could share about Club Orange dining on the Eurodam. 

1. Is Club Orange a separate section inside the MDR or is everyone put together but separate tables?

2.  Is Club Orange on the upper or lower level?

3. If you are Club Orange can you walk in at any time or do you need to reserve a table each night or beginning of cruise.

4.  Any pictures of setup would be appreciated.  Thanks  😊 

• Thanks 1

Club Orange isn't a separate area of the MDR. That idea was floated (pardon the pun) early on but never happened. There is a separate CO line for open seating, so you would have a shorter wait than non-CO passengers. If you go in and say you will sit at a large table, they will add you to a table that is currently being seated. They do not separate CO passengers except for the separate line. 

I was at a table for 8 on Eurodam last month. One couple had CO.  The only reason I know is that they ordered the extra main course and it came on a different plate. They sat with us for the first two nights, then were gone for 2 or 3 nights. When they came back, they said they had come back to the ship late on the other nights and so they were seated somewhere else. So, in their case, anyway, they could bounce between open and fixed.

• Like 2

Purchased Orange Club for our December cruise on the Statendam and again for our cruise next week on the Rotterdam BECAUSE of the great separate dining areas on the three Pinnacle Class ships. It is simply great, in our opinion. I would not waste the money purchasing it on the other vessels that just use the MDR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In theory you get better seating (like by a window) but you can sit anywhere. There is no designated "section". Also you don't have CO and are sitting with members that don't order the 1 extra entree, they don't have a problem with you ordering it as long as the number of entrees match the number of CO passengers at the table. This may change depending on server but we've never had a problem. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Purchased Orange Club for our December cruise on the Statendam and again for our cruise next week on the Rotterdam BECAUSE of the great separate dining areas on the three Pinnacle Class ships. It is simply great, in our opinion. I would not waste the money purchasing it on the other vessels that just use the MDR.

It does get an upgrade though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On Eurodam twice this past Fall.  Club Orange in the MDR was on the lower level (Open dining) where they had a separate line and checkin podium.  Never a wait (one person maximum we encountered even at peak times).  There was no separate area in the MDR and we were seated with other non-CO guests each night.  From what I could tell, VERY FEW people had Club Orange.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I believe the non-Pinnacle class ships are $15/pp/pd.  (If prices haven’t changed.)

Its based entirely on the length of the cruise.  14 days and longer is $15, anything shorter is $25 on all classes of ships. I could not get it for $15 on my b2b 7 day cruise (separate booking numbers).

My next cruise will be in a signature suite on the Oosterdam, 12 days.   I always book a specific table in the MDR in early, fixed dining.   We're 4 star Mariners.   I have "Have It All", so what advantage will paying $300 per person get me for Club Orange on this cruise??

@mikebsxmI see no reason for you to add CO.  When I add CO, I book the least expensive verandah cabin(obstructed view) and upgrade to the highest verandah, the cost of CO is less than the cost difference for the upgraded verandah.  I also like the CO dining room on the Pinnacle ships.  The Oosterdam does not have a dedicated CO dining room,

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@mikebsxmI see no reason for you to add CO.  When I add CO, I book the least expensive verandah cabin(obstructed view) and upgrade to the highest verandah, the cost of CO is less than the cost difference for the upgraded verandah.  I also like the CO dining room on the Pinnacle ships.  The Oosterdam does not have a dedicated CO dining room,

I agree.  On the non-Pinnacle class ships, the primary benefit is the complementary "within meta-category" cabin upgrade.  That "free" upgrade can easily be worth more than the full Club Orange cost.  Other than that, the only other benefits are the additional entree on the MDR dinner menu, free mimosas for room service, and priority embarkation/disembarkation, priority lines at MDR and service counter, and priority tender access.

1 hour ago, mikebsxm said:

My next cruise will be in a signature suite on the Oosterdam, 12 days.   I always book a specific table in the MDR in early, fixed dining.   We're 4 star Mariners.   I have "Have It All", so what advantage will paying $300 per person get me for Club Orange on this cruise??

In your case, the only significant advantage I can see (to book CO) is if you are in a Signature guarantee (SZ) and want to move up to a SS (or SY) and know which cabin you will have.  Of course there are other advantages, such as Priority boarding and tenders, and a separate line at the front desk and shore excursions.  You will not be using the CO line at the MDR. which is a nice perk if you have Open dining.  

SInce the value of CO really varies by class of ship, IMO they should charge less for the non-Pinnacle class of ships.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

I agree that it should be less for a non-Pinnacle ship. The big deal about CO is the separate dining room. 

I have a question about the upgrade. You book, buy CO, and get a better cabin. That's easy to understand.  For a couple, both have to buy CO. What about a single? If I buy CO, I get charged for only me, same as they do for HIA. So do I get the upgrade without paying a single supplement on CO? 

56 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I agree that it should be less for a non-Pinnacle ship. The big deal about CO is the separate dining room. 

I have a question about the upgrade. You book, buy CO, and get a better cabin. That's easy to understand.  For a couple, both have to buy CO. What about a single? If I buy CO, I get charged for only me, same as they do for HIA. So do I get the upgrade without paying a single supplement on CO? 

You are already paying for double for the room.  You do not need to pay double for club orange. As I recall in the beginning they were charging double but that didn’t seem to go over too well.  I believe it was also $50 per person in the beginning.  As much as I like club orange I don’t think I’d pay $50 because I rarely eat dinner there.

So I would get the upgrade for the price of one CO? That's worth doing, except on a Pinnacle because I don't like CO for dinner.

I have had CO only once and that was in a Neptune suite on the K when CO was brand new, and so was solo cruising for me. As a solo, I looked at all those 2s and 4s, and figured I would end up eating dinner alone, because what were the odds that people would ask for a large table in a dining room that caters to the idea of private dining. I asked to go back to my original confirmation of a large table early fixed dining in the MDR, where I had lovely dinner companions and felt comfortable. Breakfast alone in CO was fine. Yes, back then it was $50pp. Not worth that price to me, especially since I'm 4-star and already get the priority boarding and tenders.