Sorry Princess, but that’s NOT Chocolate Cake

thunderbaycruiser

3 hours ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

Sorry to rain on the bottled water parade, but Princess wants to cheapen our whole experience. Bottled water is no longer available for free with any drinks package. I know what it says on the website. I get that. The reality is they have excluded any bottled water from plus and premium drinks packages on this cruise. And it's a HOT one... to Fiji and back out of Sydney. Maybe it's just Majestic or all Australian cruises? I don't know. But we pay for water.

I don't doubt your experiences but I have yet to see anyone else on the Majestic or any other Princess ship stating that they are experiencing the same issues.  Given years of reading this board I am sure if that were the case we would see lots of threads and comments full of righteous (justifiably) indignation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Still not understanding.  Small bottle of water has always been free.  Large bottle of water has always come with a charge.  Perrier and San Pellegrino (small bottles) have always been free.  

Are you now saying that you never tried to order the smaller bottles?  Or that the small bottles were charged to your account?  

Not you, I am the one confused.

Have never had a drinks package. No idea what was previously included.

Small bottles of water including San Pellegrino are specifically shown in the app exactly the same as large bottles. NOT included. Finally found out the app is wrong. They are included. I don’t know why they have the incorrect info in the app.

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I don't doubt your experiences but I have yet to see anyone else on the Majestic or any other Princess ship stating that they are experiencing the same issues.  Given years of reading this board I am sure if that were the case we would see lots of threads and comments full of righteous (justifiably) indignation.

Please read the end of this thread. Guest services clarified. The app has the wrong info. Small bottles are included. Just says clearly they are not. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I am glad you got this worked out (I think, this is correct).  One more reason not to use the app.  I find it just as easy to walk up to the venue, ask them for my water, scan my medallion, and walk away.

Call me old school, but I don't use the app on board very much.  I pick up the phone to call Room Service or to make specialty dining room reservations.  I walk up to the bar.  I stop by the Customer Service Desk in person (on occasion, I have crew chatted).  Journey View is horrible on the app.  I use Ocean Concierge.  

I do use the app to purchase FCDs.  Find my friends.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

They have cake. Just seemingly very little. Slice thinner than a fork, but it is cake. Called room service directly. Explained what I got last night. “Oh that’s the chocolate mousse.”  “Yes. I didn’t order the chocolate mousse.”

16 oz coffee was more like 8 oz… 🤷🏼‍♂️

E587ACD0-03FA-4B6B-9973-7B88A85A5CC0.thumb.jpeg.5347a494e87a4e09c858e31a52ce2bbb.jpeg

Now that you know... Order 3 or 4 from Room Service. Problem solved. 😎

I couldn't order double whiskey from Room Service so I ordered 4. Again, problem solved. I had a hard time getting Bulleit at most bars but Room Service had it and was happy to deliver.

We use the TV to order. It's easier than using my phone even though the app works quite well on my phone. (My wife's low end phone on the other hand... Hey, it's her choice that she has a crappy phone.) One of our friends from BC ordered on her phone and got a surprise. She ordered the chicken strips with chips. She was surprised because, instead of "chips", she got "crisps". If she had used the TV instead of her phone she would have seen a large picture of what she was ordering and could have switched the chip for fries - which is what she wanted. One language but many differences. 🤪

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

OK, got it. I didn't have a good idea what you were served. Now I understand. NOT street tacos. Done correctly, street tacos are pretty good! I live in San Jose and get them all the time from local taco trucks. Yum!

Taco trucks are one of the greatest "inventions" of all time. 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

Street tacos - also know as traditional Mexican tacos - don't have fried shells. They are tacos that have a soft tortilla that isn't fried. 

Street Tacos - Don't Sweat The Recipe  image.jpeg.21cde2554cfee29eecf6e932a2d0cf21.jpeg

I agree after 20 years of eating tacos from amazing taco stands in Puerto Vallarta 

not a crispy taco shell ever 

53 minutes ago, quincytoo said:

I agree after 20 years of eating tacos from amazing taco stands in Puerto Vallarta 

not a crispy taco shell ever 

It is amusing watching someone attempting to order crispy taco shells in Mexico. The look of disgust on the taco vendors face once the item is described to them.

15 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

That is totally bizarre about the Diet Coke! It's one thing if they just don't have it, although they should. But another thing if they do have it but make you pay extra for it when you have the drink package. I'd fight that one until the cows come home. Ridiculous.

Soda in cans is not included with a beverage package but can be had with a discount if you have a beverage package. This is clearly stated in the descriptions of the various packages.

Diet Coke from a soda gun is available at no extra cost if you have an appropriate beverage package,