The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 19th, 2023

cat shepard

12 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily! I like the combination of chocolate and mint, well, chocolate and anything, really.  The battle of Iwo Jima was horrific with loss of life on both sides.  I wonder if any females were involved in the naming of today's honouring the women veterans?  Interesting.  

We've got grey skies, but moderate temperatures today, only -19C and no wind, so it should be nice when I go out to blow off the skiff of snow that came down overnight.  It won't take long, so that will give me more time to research a new desktop computer.  Ours is on it's last legs - this morning it literally took 15 minutes to come on once I pressed the switch.  Then, I'd begun my post and it froze.  I checked, and I can't update to Windows 11, so that's another sign that it's time to pass this one on to someone who can take it, refurbish it, and give it to a school in need.

On another note - yesterday while watching sail-away, I had a package of corn nuts (which I haven't had in I don't remember how long), and was munching on them while enjoying seeing the ships.  Suddenly I realized there must have been a stone or something in the mix, so I quickly spat it out into a tissue.  Unfortunately, it was part of one of my molars.  The good thing is that I don't have any sensitivity, but it still means that I'm likely looking at being turned regal once more with another crown.  LOL  I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning when the dental office opens to get an appointment to have it repaired.  

@grapau27I'm sorry to hear about Sarah's friend passing away; please pass along my condolences to her and her friend's family.

@kazuI do hope once the insurance company receives all the documentation, that they process your claim quickly - you don't need any more hassles in your life!  Quick thinking to get your driveway guy to bring up your begonias . . . well done!

@ottahand7I hope your house is safe, and that your missing clothes are soon located!

Special thoughts going out to President Carter with prayers for an easy and peaceful transition.  He did so much for so many for so long.

I know I'd like today's menu suggestion, but in light of the fact that I'm sticking with soft foods, I'll tuck the recipes away for another day.  DH said he'd like something light for dinner, so I've got another salmon fillet  and oven fries that I'll cook up for him and I'll have the remainder of the borscht from yesterday at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, especially those with natural and man-made disasters.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Welcome to the corn nut crown club (2 time member here)!  My Dentist says corn nuts should be illegal, but if they were, it would put a damper on her vacation budget (she loves going to Grand Cayman as much as possible).  After the second break, I’ve sworn off them for good.  Good luck getting in to your Dentist ASAP! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about Sarah's friends passing.  

So sad to hear how many people are missing due to the cyclone. I hope the rescue crews are out now and searching for people.

Sad to hear about the passing of CC members. 

I don't know what corn nuts are but I will be sure not to eat any given the risk of losing a tooth to them.

Watched the finale of All Creatures Great and. Small tonight - I wish it would continue. I guess now I will watch the new Vera's on BritBox. 

Glad that Sandy is home safely.

The Carnival in Rio looks fabulous.  We have been to Rio but not on a cruise. I was an exchange student in high school (to Santiago, Chile)  and the girl who lived with our family was from Rio so as an adult we went to visit her and her family.  

Terri I think you are on your way home now, safe travels.

I copied down the potato salad recipe, it looks fabulous.  

Thank everyone for the daily.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1