Limited options for shore excursions.

Tys Mom

I am booked on The Sky for an October 2023 cruise.  When I booked last summer, there were many excursion options for all of the ports.  Now there are none to maximum of seven (at top dollar), depending on the port.   Will there be more offered?  I'd like to be able to use my $50 per cabin excursion discount but it looks likeit may go unused.

59 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

I am booked on The Sky for an October 2023 cruise.  When I booked last summer, there were many excursion options for all of the ports.  Now there are none to maximum of seven (at top dollar), depending on the port.   Will there be more offered?  I'd like to be able to use my $50 per cabin excursion discount but it looks likeit may go unused.

If you have something booked, it will not display any excursions that conflict in time. 

If you have nothing booked, then you have waited too long and the shore excursions are sold out. 

At this late date and time, it is unlikely that they will be adding a bunch more. But keep watching for cancellations. 

well, you may need to forego the $50, but in most ports, we usually hire a cab to take us around. we take a shore excursion description, and ask the driver to just take us to the places that seem most interesting. usually, this is also cheaper than the designated ship excursion.

the only caveat, is make sure the driver knows that you need to get back at a designated time

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you have something booked, it will not display any excursions that conflict in time. 

If you have nothing booked, then you have waited too long and the shore excursions are sold out. 

At this late date and time, it is unlikely that they will be adding a bunch more. But keep watching for cancellations. 

Wow!  I never had problems scheduling an excursion 8 months in advance before.  I guess this is the new normal. Thanks for the input.  🙂

Edited by Tys Mom

we experienced the same thing when we booked our January Getaway cruise..It might just be too early for them to show all available excursions.We didn’ t see them all list until  it got a bit closer.If you book before day 9ne of the cruise , you can not used the $50 credit.

HI All, 

I thought I had posted earlier but it doesn't seem to be here,

Anyway, I'm on the Sky's May 29th cruise. There should be more excursions turning up soon.  There are only 36 showing on my page, I did book one, for Miami.  I have been following the excursions for months so it cannot be that excursions are filled up and no longer available as Bird Travel mentioned.

For whatever reason NCL seems to be waiting longer in order to publicize our choices.  Keep checking every day.      happytotravel

We just returned from 7 days on Joy to the Mexican Riviera and had a similar situation. There were only a few excursions shown online but once on board, were presented with a printed catalog offering many more per port! Due to the limited options online, we had already booked a couple on our own, but would have enjoyed a couple of the NCL options presented too late.

I have a related question, I hope you don’t mind my asking, we’re on Dawn in June and don’t like any of the excursions but I know there’ll be some ships shuttles into the town in some of the ports, will we be able to use the $50 excursion credit in the free at sea offer to pay for them ?

Hi all,

I just checked with Shorex and they said that 36 or 37 excursions showing is correct.  Reason being all the problems arising from Covid 19.  There are companies who have gone under and the lack of personnel.  Also many people may have booked very early and they are now all booked up.

It was suggested to look under the Shore Excursion page and take note of any excursions you might like and when onboard see if any of those are available.  It looks like there is a good chance according to Ihavetocruisesomewhere mentioned.

Take care and continue planning!     happytotravel

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerseygich said:

Same experience. Booked on the Sky for June 8th and there have been only 36 excursions since we originally booked in August.

We're on June 8 as well!

(My plan is to ditch the NCL excursions altogether and book on our own.  We've already got a few things booked privately.   The $50 just isn't worth it to us.) 

• Like 1