Best Alaska Viewing Spots on the Royal Princess?

SuzieQ521

Hello:

We booked our May Royal Princess cruise primarily for the itinerary (including Glacier Bay) but am a bit bummed that the ship has no observation lounge and I believe no real Promenade deck.

We do have a balcony room on the Emerald deck but any other good viewing spots, especially on Glacier Bay day (both inside and out?).

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Hello:

We booked our May Royal Princess cruise primarily for the itinerary (including Glacier Bay) but am a bit bummed that the ship has no observation lounge and I believe no real Promenade deck.

We do have a balcony room on the Emerald deck but any other good viewing spots, especially on Glacier Bay day (both inside and out?).

Thanks!

I recommend the walking/jogging track on Sports deck. It goes all the way around the top of the ship, so you can get different views. It is, however, completely uncovered. Depending on the weather, that might be a deal-breaker.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Hello:

Thanks!

Is it too late for you to book an aft-facing cabin? For us those cabins offer the best advantage for seeing the beautiful Alaska scenery as well as any wildlife on either side of the ship as well as out the back from the comfort of our balcony. 😁

• Like 1

We had a forwrd facing balcony on Royal last year in Alaska, but I spent a fair amount of time outside on 16, 17, 18, and 19 to get pics in different directions while in Glacier Bay. The weather and sky were continually changing (fog, sun, clouds) so the colors of everything were likewise changing.  I was just so fascinated that I couldn’t stay put in one place.  😎

Edited by Sailin Gal

In addition to the locations mentioned earlier, we also enjoyed glacier viewing on the Promenade deck through Crooners.  We were able to sit inside to warm up and then go outside for views—there is a door right next to the bar.  

Although the ship doesn’t have a full promenade, there are good (and covered!) viewing spots!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, disneyochem said:

In addition to the locations mentioned earlier, we also enjoyed glacier viewing on the Promenade deck through Crooners.  We were able to sit inside to warm up and then go outside for views—there is a door right next to the bar.  

Although the ship doesn’t have a full promenade, there are good (and covered!) viewing spots!

Thank you. I was going to ask if there were any indoor good spots if the weather is really bad...I guess Crooners is it?

• 3 months later...