50%/20% off on Alaska Cruise

Trappedontheboat

13 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

Under the T & C does it say anything about the longer CruiseTours w/land portion (like on Jewel, for ex).  

The quote is for the whole shebang so can they separate out the "cruise part" only?

I did a mock booking of a cruise tour. The price isn't exactly cut in half, but pretty darn close to it! The summary isn't really helpful to figure out why it's not an exactly 50% discount, but also doesn't seem to be the full cost of the cruise tour, though I'm just doing a lot of conjecture here. 

image.thumb.png.cc8525934aab2ee7e4f0d0d2e9cb3e08.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I did a mock booking of a cruise tour. The price isn't exactly cut in half, but pretty darn close to it! The summary isn't really helpful to figure out why it's not an exactly 50% discount, but also doesn't seem to be the full cost of the cruise tour, though I'm just doing a lot of conjecture here. 

I'm so jealous...I want a coupon....(#%&*!$#!*)!

I am working to keep my Tourette's under control.

• Haha 3

question regarding the Sky- anyone know why they originally cancelled all of the cruises for 2023- not familiar with this ship so did the usual google & found an CruiseHive article from a year ago- where all cruises from May 2023-Dec 2023 were canceled. Haven't found a follow up article to say why or when did they re instate cruises.  Another question- does the Sky have a thermal spa. And yes I noticed we had the coupon Saturday night- hadn't planned on Alaska- as we've been there (our 1st cruise with HAL back in 2006, but if the price is right- why not. 

Well.....offers are indeed combinable, plus 2X Latitudes points.  So, I jumped right in the deep end on this one.  As I'm want to do, last minute.  Going to Alaska on the Bliss, departing April 22.  Figuring since I've sailed at the end of the Alaska season before (end of Sept) with nice weather surrounding me, let's see if I can do the same at the beginning of the season.

Really good deal...actually cheaper than the deals found after the COVID restart!!!!!!

Haven was sold out (although those deals aren't nearly as good as other parts of the ship).  So, got a great deal on Club Balcony.  Once again, solo (but that's always subject to change).

Never sailed the Bliss, so that's also something to look forward to.

As it gets closer, I'll do a live review thread with pics.

PS...this will replace the MSC cruise that I had booked but MSC tried to raise the fare on my reservation AFTER I booked it.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Well.....offers are indeed combinable, plus 2X Latitudes points.  So, I jumped right in the deep end on this one.  As I'm want to do, last minute.  Going to Alaska on the Bliss, departing April 22.  Figuring since I've sailed at the end of the Alaska season before (end of Sept) with nice weather surrounding me, let's see if I can do the same at the beginning of the season.

Really good deal...actually cheaper than the deals found after the COVID restart!!!!!!

Haven was sold out (although those deals aren't nearly as good as other parts of the ship).  So, got a great deal on Club Balcony.  Once again, solo (but that's always subject to change).

Never sailed the Bliss, so that's also something to look forward to.

As it gets closer, I'll do a live review thread with pics.

Looking forward to your live thread again. Hope this time no nasty hallway lady. 🤭

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

PS...this will replace the MSC cruise that I had booked but MSC tried to raise the fare on my reservation AFTER I booked it.

How the heck does this work? Did they offer any rationale for it? It sounds like you were able to cancel without paying a cancellation fee?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

How the heck does this work? Did they offer any rationale for it? It sounds like you were able to cancel without paying a cancellation fee?

Yeah...it was crazy.  I booked it (YC Seaside). Paid for it ($250 deposit as final payment at the time wasn't due).  MSC came back and said there was an error in the booking.  I understand.  That stuff happens.  But, they were going to raise my fare by about $1,000.  That, I don't understand and I wasn't OK with it.

In brief, I booked and they put me in a YC Balcony Cabin but (according to them) charged me for a YC interior Cabin.  OK....not my error.  To me, I shouldn't even have been contacted about their error.

I booked through my TA.  She sent me all the emails back and forth between them and MSC.  MSC admitted the error but didn't really seem to care as they weren't changing anything.

For about a week, I actually was communicating with MSC Customer Service Center, where at different times, they said they'd "work with me" once I was on board and to just pay the additional monies.  I have no idea what they would do to "work with me".  But, I do know that if you don't have everything sorted out before you board, there's no chance of getting any sort of financial renumeration after you've set foot on the ship.

I told them to just cancel the booking.  They said they were going to keep my deposit as it was for the YC.  And, that unless I ponied up another $1,000 in addition to the original fare, they would cancel my booking.

Not about to argue with them.  I sent the emails, the booking, a copy (screen shot) of the charges for my particular cabin number (the YC Balcony), my TA's invoice (which mirrored MSC's fares), etc to AMEX.  AMEX refunded the original deposit.  Haven't heard a peep out of MSC since.  Maybe I'm barred from cruising them, again.  No issues if that's the case.

I've sailed MSC before.  They aren't bad, but something always seemed to really dampen the vacations I took on their ships.....irritating and not inconsequential things...some of them financial, others just bizarre.

I chalked it up to them being mainly a European Cruise line, where things are a bit different.  But, they've been sailing out of FL for a few years, now.  These types of faux pax and general lack of customer service shouldn't still be happening.

I know I have some CC friends here who love MSC.  Not besmirching them, at all.  I'm a veteran cruiser.  I know how pricing works.  I know how the perks work....on several different lines.  I try to be understanding.  But, trying to change my fare after I have already booked.....that's not a good thing.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah...it was crazy.  I booked it (YC Seaside). Paid for it ($250 deposit as final payment at the time wasn't due).  MSC came back and said there was an error in the booking.  I understand.  That stuff happens.  But, they were going to raise my fare by about $1,000.  That, I don't understand and I wasn't OK with it.

In brief, they put me in a YC Balcony Cabin but (according to them) charged me for a YC interior Cabin.  OK....not my error.  To me, I shouldn't even have been contacted about their error.

I booked through my TA.  She sent me all the emails back and forth between them and MSC.  MSC admitted the error but didn't really seem to care as they weren't changing anything.

I told them to just cancel the booking.  They said they were going to keep my deposit as it was for the YC.  And, that unless I ponied up another $1,000 in addition to the original fare, they would cancel my booking.

Not about to argue with them.  I sent the emails, the booking, a copy (screen shot) of the charges for my particular cabin number (the YC Balcony), my TA's invoice (which mirrored MSC's fares), etc to AMEX.  AMEX refunded the original deposit.  Haven't heard a peep out of MSC since.  Maybe I'm barred from cruising them, again.  No issues if that's the case.

I've sailed MSC before.  They aren't bad, but something always seemed to really dampen the vacations I took on their ships.....irritating and not inconsequential things...some of them financial, others just bizarre.

I chalked it up to them being mainly a European Cruise line, where things are a bit different.  But, they've been sailing out of FL for a few years, now.  These types of faux pax and general lack of customer service shouldn't still be happening.

I know I have some CC friends here who love MSC.  Not besmirching them, at all.  I'm a veteran cruiser.  I know how pricing works.  I know how the perks work....on several different lines.  I try to be understanding.  But, trying to change my fare after I have already booked.....that's not a good thing.

Wow, I am irked just reading this...penalized for their error?! So sorry for that unfortunate experience. Glad AmEx was helpful. They always come through for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

In brief, I booked and they put me in a YC Balcony Cabin but (according to them) charged me for a YC interior Cabin.  OK....not my error.  To me, I shouldn't even have been contacted about their error.

For about a week, I actually was communicating with MSC Customer Service Center, where at different times, they said they'd "work with me" once I was on board and to just pay the additional monies.  I have no idea what they would do to "work with me".  But, I do know that if you don't have everything sorted out before you board, there's no chance of getting any sort of financial renumeration after you've set foot on the ship.

Wow! Just when you know all the cruise line tricks...I'm so glad AMEX took your side in this very odd situation! And, to think your TA couldn't figure it out with them. I wonder what happened in their system and why they cared so much. Plenty of cruisers travel at lower rates, so why not just allow you. Oh well.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, njkate said:

Curious for those of you who did get the coupon do you also have the military 10% discount? Wondering if maybe that's why I sadly didn't get one

I forgot to include my Mil ID.  Probably not going to get the discount now since I've already booked and past the final payment date.  😞

• Like 1

Here's my invoice......GTY fare, so won't have a cabin # for a bit.  But, it's a Club Balcony

INVOICE DATE: 2-Mar-2023 BOOKING DATE: 2-Mar-2023

SHIP: NORWEGIAN BLISS SAILING: 22-Apr-2023 to 29-Apr-2023 ITINERARY: 7-DAY ALASKA ROUND-TRIP SEATTLE: GLACIER BAY, SKAGWAY & JUNEAU

CATEGORY / STATEROOM: MC / GTY

EMBARKATION: SEATTLE

1 xxxxxxxxxx

GUESTS

BOOKING COMPONENTS PER GUEST IN USD

Total Guest Fare 2,495.00 Gov Tax/Port Exp/Fees 324.73 Savings -1,104.00 Bev Srv Charge 152.60 Din Srv Charge 17.80 Gross Total 1,886.13

DISEMBARKATION: SEATTLE

CLIENT TYPE

SAPPHIRE

AIR CITY OUT PRE HOTEL / DEVIATION # OF NIGHTS PRE BOOKSAFE GUESTS AIR CITY RETURN POST HOTEL / DEVIATION TRAVEL

PROTECTION

xx

CLIENT ID / LATITUDES # xxxxxxx

* LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard. 

RESERVATION:xxxxxxx

PROMO CODES:

xxxxxxx

AKFCC20S ALL4CHO DISC50 EASYFARE LATDBLX LATREW* SHX50

CONFIRMATION GUEST COPY

PAYMENT SCHEDULE
FINAL PAYMENT due on 2-Mar-2023 10:47 am Eastern Time PAYMENTS APPLIED
PAID by AMEX# xxxxxxx on 2-Mar-2023
TOTAL PAYMENTS APPLIED

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

I booked the Bliss for May last night and was very surprised when I was adding pay info it was in my account. And it was an actual discount. I had planned on using (2) cruise next certificates but it would only allow 2 choices unfortunately. Using 1 cruise next & the discount of 20% gave me the best pricing. And I still have another Cruise Next for another future cruise 🙂

• Like 2

So, chalk this up as one for the good guys.

Was looking at my booking.  They made a mistake (I think) in my favor.  If I make a mistake, I’ll own up to it.  If they make a mistake, I expect the cruise line to own up to it.

In this case, I think it was in my favor.  What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  I had to go directly to NCL for this booking.  My TA moved on to greener pastures.  So, I’m hunting for a new one.  For now, NCL it is.

My fare was $2,495.  Minus the promo 20% for the Bliss Alaska promo is -$499.  That brings the fare to $1,994.  This is before all the FAS costs.  NCL deducted $1,104.  That’s not 20%.  That’s more like -51%, which is close to the discount for the smaller ships, not the Bliss.

Told my NCL PCC this.  She said it’s be a glitch in their systems and that this promo was creating a bit of chaos internally.  But, once booked, they can’t raise the fare and that she was happy it worked in my favor. 

OK…I tried.  

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

So, chalk this up as one for the good guys.

Was looking at my booking.  They made a mistake (I think) in my favor.  If I make a mistake, I’ll own up to it.  If they make a mistake, I expect the cruise line to own up to it.

In this case, I think it was in my favor.  What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  I had to go directly to NCL for this booking.  My TA moved on to greener pastures.  So, I’m hunting for a new one.  For now, NCL it is.

My fare was $2,495.  Minus the promo 20% for the Bliss Alaska promo is -$499.  That brings the fare to $1,994.  This is before all the FAS costs.  NCL deducted $1,104.  That’s not 20%.  That’s more like -51%, which is close to the discount for the smaller ships, not the Bliss.

Told my NCL PCC this.  She said it’s be a glitch in their systems and that this promo was creating a bit of chaos internally.  But, once booked, they can’t raise the fare and that she was happy it worked in my favor. 

OK…I tried.  

What a fabulous turn of events for you since the MSC incident. The laws of the universe ruled in your favor.

Now my turn…🙄

• Thanks 1

Was shopping before I booked this cruise.  Looking at line for like on different lines.....similar/same dates, similar/same cabin type....

Royal

-no drink package, no specialty dining, no internet minutes, no excursion credit

7 Night Alaska Glacier Experience

Leaving from Vancouver, British Columbia

onboard Brilliance of the Seas

Apr 23, 2023Apr 30, 2023

View itinerary details

Staterooms

Room 

$3,302.00 

1 Guests

Balcony 

Aft

Guest Info

Dining & Options

Payment

Summary 

Cruise fare 

$3,302.00 

Discounts 

$-1,185.00 

Subtotal 

$2,117.00 

Taxes & fees 

$237.75 

Total price 

$2,354.75 USD

Taxes & fees included 

Celebrity-Solstice (May)-all included, tips, drinks, internet)

Veranda Stateroom

First Guest Total$5,070.00

Discounts

SAVOVERLAY NRD-$400.00

Non-Refundable 75% 2nd Guest Discount-$1,729.00

BONUS OBC NRD ($50.00 to spend Onboard)

All Included 

Wi-Fi

Drinks

Tips

Dining

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included at select venues 

Main Dining Time - 08:30 PM

Taxes & Fees

Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses$271.26

Trip Total$3,212.26 USD

Carnival-Luminosa (older former Costa ship-May-no drinks, no internet, no specialty dining)

Cruise Summary

Itinerary:7 Days Alaska from Seattle, WA

Thu May 25, 2023 - Thu Jun 1, 2023 

7 Days Alaska from Seattle, WA from Thursday May 25, 2023 to Thursday June 01, 2023

Ship:Carnival Luminosa

1 Room 1 GuestChange

Room 1: Balcony

Super Saver (PSV)

Guest 1:

$2,358.00

Taxes, fees & port expenses:

$266.70

Prepay gratuities

$101.50

Add vacation protection

$189.00

Room 1 Total:$2,624.70

Total :$2,624.70

Couldn't get dates close on other cruise lines.  But, NCL is giving deals right now.

• Like 1

Well well looking at Alaskan cruises for sept and so bummed I didn't get that coupon, then I had an epiphany, my daughter would be coming, so I texted her to check her account and YES she has the coupon. I'm happy. I'm assuming as second passenger I would also get the triple points?

Edited by njkate
  • Like 2