80's Themed Cruise - Formal Night?

Jeter02

For those who have sailed on the 4 day 80s themed cruise, Is there a formal night at all?

I'm also guessing with all the tribute bands they'll have onboard, I'm guessing there's no shows from the princess singers and dancers?

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

For those who have sailed on the 4 day 80s themed cruise, Is there a formal night at all?

I'm also guessing with all the tribute bands they'll have onboard, I'm guessing there's no shows from the princess singers and dancers?

We just did the 80s cruise and there was no formal nights. It seemed every night some would be dressed 80s and some regular nice casual. 

We didn't see any of the shows so I can't comment on that. If I figure out where I put all the patters I will check and get back to you. 🙂 it was a great cruise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trideltjenn said:

We just did the 80s cruise and there was no formal nights. It seemed every night some would be dressed 80s and some regular nice casual. 

We didn't see any of the shows so I can't comment on that. If I figure out where I put all the patters I will check and get back to you. 🙂 it was a great cruise. 

Thank you so much for letting me know. Yes if you do have the patterns I would absolutely love to see them. You are the best! Thank you

8 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Are you sailing the Discovery in April?

Edited by that

9 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Never a formal night on a 4-night voyage.  Has to be minimum 5 nights.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, trideltjenn said:

Do you know if they did any 360 dinners during that cruise?

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

On the Enchanted yesterday at the MT luncheon, the Hotel manager said that they were only inviting guests in full suites. Maybe things on the Discovery are different?

Edited by MissP22

13 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

On the Enchanted yesterday at the MT luncheon, the Hotel manager said that they were only inviting guests in full suites. Maybe things on the Discovery are different?

I know on the Discovery they've been doing full suites or if an officer invites you is also another way to get in. But I am curious to know if they even offer those dinners during a themed cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Yes! We attended on the 3rd night of the cruise.  They were still inviting people that morning during our suite breakfast in Sabatini's as well. If you do go, just be sure to be early. The restaurant Manger was very vocal about her annoyance with late arriving guests.  

1 minute ago, trideltjenn said:

Yes! We attended on the 3rd night of the cruise.  They were still inviting people that morning during our suite breakfast in Sabatini's as well. If you do go, just be sure to be early. The restaurant Manger was very vocal about her annoyance with late arriving guests.  

You're talking to a person who waits for every meal in the dinning room to open 20 minutes prior. 😊 The things I do to make sure to get my table and wait staff daily since there is no more traditional dinning.

18 hours ago, trideltjenn said:

What would you wear to a formal 80s themed dinner?

Leisure suits?  

10 minutes ago, CapnCrews said:

What would you wear to a formal 80s themed dinner?

Leisure suits?  

When we went to 360 there was a group of 3 women dressed 80s. One was wearing a hot pink 80s suit, the other a blue sequin dress with big shoulder pads. It was pretty good.... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Dress is smart casual with “dress to impress” in the sea day.

There will be one Production Show in the Princess Theater.

and…AC90A4A2-3011-423A-A1D6-278275EE81A7.thumb.png.a0857dc982c84adc4840e7d1d4cbc0f1.pngAC90A4A2-3011-423A-A1D6-278275EE81A7.thumb.png.a0857dc982c84adc4840e7d1d4cbc0f1.pngAC90A4A2-3011-423A-A1D6-278275EE81A7.thumb.png.a0857dc982c84adc4840e7d1d4cbc0f1.pngCE5702D7-65C8-41F1-B4F4-6E64ABF099CB.thumb.png.ab0494c96d3f4fafed4f32aec753fbc2.png313942DB-2677-4CD9-9444-A604411D0BBE.thumb.png.b48742d512094ef7c9634dbd5d48b10b.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, that said:

So

sorry for the repeats

i am inept

It's ok. It happens. Yes I've seen these. Just wasn't sure if there was a formal night. Thank you so much for going above and beyond and sharing much appreciated.

10 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Just wasn't sure if there was a formal night. Thank you so much for going above and beyond and sharing much appreciated.

Yes! The one night at sea …. Half the folks dressed 80’s theme and many others did dress nicely in cocktail attire. They had lots of ‘formal’ photo opportunities that night. I went back to my room to put on a dress. Definitely more dressy than the other nights. 

Edited by newportbeachgirl
  • Like 1