Question about a "promotion" for upgrade

greenbeanie

We are booked on Solstice, April 22 sailing, in a veranda.  Am thinking about bidding on concierge level.  Here is the verbiage on the upgrade page, and appears only on the concierge level bid.  The sliding scale is from $80.00 pp, up to $500 pp, which is the same scale for all the other upgrade categories.  Can anyone explain this to me?  (The current price difference between veranda and concierge is $200 pp, so not sure why anyone would bid more than that ...)

Pricing above reflects a 30% discount to normal bid pricing. Act fast, as this promotion is only valid for a limited time.

21 minutes ago, greenbeanie said:

We are booked on Solstice, April 22 sailing, in a veranda.  Am thinking about bidding on concierge level.  Here is the verbiage on the upgrade page, and appears only on the concierge level bid.  The sliding scale is from $80.00 pp, up to $500 pp, which is the same scale for all the other upgrade categories.  Can anyone explain this to me?  (The current price difference between veranda and concierge is $200 pp, so not sure why anyone would bid more than that ...)

Pricing above reflects a 30% discount to normal bid pricing. Act fast, as this promotion is only valid for a limited time.

Looks like a MoveUp bid.  Offers to bid are normal.  Seems whatever number they had before is being reduced.  Maybe because of no takers.  Bid wisely or pass.  Benefits of a concierge cabin on MoveUp are very limited. No extra CC points

Move Up offers are available for every sailing.  If you are successful you get the higher category cabin ( identical to a veranda’ but no extra points, no say in location, no right of refusal if you don’t like the location. So if you are moving from a veranda you get lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, a bottle of inexpensive sparkling wine and some questionable canapés.  

A bid on Aqua gets you access to Blu, smaller dining room & food & service are a step up from the MDR, some spa benefits, the same sparkling wine & canapés

The slider bar gives you the option to fine tune the amount you may wish to bid on each category. 

The reason someone may bid for each will depend on what the bidder considers value.   Bidding on multiple categories gives you a better opportunity to win one of the categories.   For example you may bid the same amount for a SS as a Aqua but the odds winning the SS are probably thinner.    If you would be comfortable with the price you could bid the same for both or increase the bid for the SS as you see more value to it. 

24 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

I should know this, but can't remember........

where do I find the move-up offers.  I seem to remember I got something from Celebrity but can't find it now.

Just google Celebrity Cruises Move-UP

4 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

I should know this, but can't remember........

where do I find the move-up offers.  I seem to remember I got something from Celebrity but can't find it now.

My wife received a move-up offer via email from Celebrity, but I didn't, probably because she was the primary contact for our booking.

cjr