OBC for Tips?

MarEll1

Quick question - we have a few hundred left and would like to leave it for butler and cabin attendant who have been fantastic. Retreat concierge gave us the required form - has anyone done this? Does it actually get to the crew that you designate? I guess I’m just not trusting of the process. Thanks!

I've used the form many times and always got a thank you from our Butler.  

I was told by the HR Manager that if you put in the person's name  or dining room (e.g. Luminae) it goes to the individual or dining room pool,  but if you leave it to a position like Waiter it goes to the complete waiter pool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

About a month ago, we did just that: got the form from the concierge, filled it out, turned it in, and saw our balance went to zero not long after.

We did wait to do this until the last day in case we found something we couldn’t live without-lol-but Ihad spent enough time in the shops to know that wasn’t going to actually happen.

As for your question “does it really get to them”, I have no knowledge or assurance beyond what the concierge said. I did tell butler, room attendant, waiter, & assistant waiter that we took care of them with extra payments through the concierge. It seems I’ve read on CC that the extra gratuities get pooled anyway.

Hmmm…I wonder if the same form could be used to apply those extra gratuities to the onboard account and then it gets charged to the credit card on file??? That would be handy when there is no extra OBC as then wouldn’t have to bring lots of extra cash and could be more flexible in the amounts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

Hmmm…I wonder if the same form could be used to apply those extra gratuities to the onboard account and then it gets charged to the credit card on file??? That would be handy when there is no extra OBC as then wouldn’t have to bring lots of extra cash and could be more flexible in the amounts.

Yes. The form is just for an additional gratuity (I think it actually says tip, for consistency, obviously :). They get charged to your account. OBC gets applied first and any balance gets closed out to your credit card. There's nothing OBC unique to the form.

• Thanks 1