Penthouse deck. Solstice class.

IamHungry

Got a move up offer, now I am on concierge and thinking about bidding to Aqua.  But not sure if this deck will be loud for Aqua class? The map shows it is under a pool deck. Any input? Also I know I cannot pic my cabin for move up but if my big got accepted can I call my TA and have them pick a cabin that I want?

If the cabin is aft you’ll be fine, just cabins above. This where we normally stay and it’s very quiet. But if it’s not you’ll be under the pool, etc and I would think that would be noisy. But I’m a light sleeper. 

3 hours ago, IamHungry said:

Got a move up offer, now I am on concierge and thinking about bidding to Aqua.  But not sure if this deck will be loud for Aqua class? The map shows it is under a pool deck. Any input? Also I know I cannot pic my cabin for move up but if my big got accepted can I call my TA and have them pick a cabin that I want?

We've stayed in AQ about 10 times on Solstice class ships and have never had an issue with noise. Well, strike that, once on a Caribbean cruise we could hear just a bit of music from the pool deck on evening while sitting on the balcony, but not in the cabin. 

As far as I know, there's no cabin choice with Move Up. You get what you're given 😉 

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

We've stayed in AQ about 10 times on Solstice class ships and have never had an issue with noise. Well, strike that, once on a Caribbean cruise we could hear just a bit of music from the pool deck on evening while sitting on the balcony, but not in the cabin. 

As far as I know, there's no cabin choice with Move Up. You get what you're given 😉 

Yes, you get what you are given, but if there are other cabins open in the same category, you can move.  Got to call to make the change.

Edited by Wineaux007

I just got off celebrity solstice a couple of weeks ago and I was in aqua class for three weeks in cabin 1554 and 1552 they are under the solarium by the hot tub‘s and I never heard anything. And yes you can phone and if there’s other cabins available they will usually let you switch.

I have sailed in AQ on S class many, many times.  I have never had any major noise issues.  Depending on location, at times I have heard some reshuffling of deck chairs in the very early am.  On occasions when I was under the area where the band played, I could hear the band from my balcony but it was not excessively loud.  On one occasion (don't recall the cabin number) we would hear the thump, thump base sound in our cabin while the band was playing.  We are early to be folks so it was a little annoying.  But no major issues.

11 hours ago, cnkgirl said:

I just got off celebrity solstice a couple of weeks ago and I was in aqua class for three weeks in cabin 1554 and 1552 they are under the solarium by the hot tub‘s and I never heard anything. And yes you can phone and if there’s other cabins available they will usually let you switch.

In those room you get a bigger balcony right? Do you perhaps have photos of the balcony? 

I was on Solstice in December.

If you get a room aft of 1615 you should be ok as there will be sky suites above you.  Forward of there you will hear noises when they clean the decks early and move the chair around.   You will also hear the loud music at the pool when they perform.

I was unlucky to be in one of the Sky Suites 2132     That area is under the tiled floor leading to the dishwasher and plate area.   You start hearing carts at 5:30 AM and they sound like subways passing by every 15-20 mintues.   They quiet down and then resume at lunch and dinner times.    Worst cabin I have ever had for noise.

14 hours ago, IamHungry said:

In those room you get a bigger balcony right? Do you perhaps have photos of the balcony? 

Yes you do get a bigger balcony but do not take 1552 the window washing equipment is in front of it and blocks a lot of your view but 1554 is great. I’m afraid I’m not sure how to post a photo. But they are very big about three times the size of a regular balcony. 

Edited by cnkgirl

If you are A2 and in 1539 or adjacent, it’s below the Spa Cafe so you will hear chairs, tables, scraping, etc.  It didn’t bother us as we are heavy sleepers. Better to be towards the aft (altho those are A1 cat) which are below other cabins and not public areas, if you are a light sleeper.  You can always ask your TA to switch you. 

Edited by KikiKruiser
  • Thanks 1