Upgrade from Large Deck Balcony to MS or Reserve (Club Class) Mini Suite

FrankieJayIII

Hello, 

First time on Princess Cruises... I have booked a Caribe Deck (larger balcony) Balcony for a 10 day to Alaska out of San Francisco. 

The day has arrived for upgrades and I have been offered a Mini Suite or a Club Class Suite.

The prices offered are $345pp for Mini Suite and $445pp for CC Mini Suite. $790 vs $890

I really liked everythign about the balcony with the larger balcony (Caribe Deck). 

Is the mini-suite worth that much more and then it would make sense to do the club class suite... 

Please give me some real life experiences on the differences or anything that will sell me on upgrading?    I have already upgraded to the PREMIER class package for all the bells and whistles.

Thanks again!

I'm thinking you are booked on the Ruby. All mini suites will be on deck 9 and will be larger than a standard balcony cabin. The bathroom will have a tub/shower and will be a little larger than a standard balcony cabin. Mini suites also have a 3 seat sofa. A balcony cat. cabin only has one interior desk chair. All mini suites have a 9ft x 6ft uncovered balcony. Your Caribe deck balcony cabin will have a 9ft x 9ft balcony with 5ft of cover and 4ft uncovered. A Club Class (reserve class) mini suite is the same in size as a non club class mini suite. The main benefit is the club class dining. Not much else. You mention "Club Class Suite." Just a  note. A Club Class mini suite is not a full suite. Passengers in a club class mini suite do not receive full suite benefits. 

We prefer the mini suite because we enjoy having the extra seating the sofa provides and the larger bathroom!  We spend a lot of time in our cabin so we like the extra space. 

I am guessing that the prices you mentioned are for a minimum bid rather than an upgrade you would purchase through Princess or your TA. If so how much you bid ( if you bid above minimum) will be up to you. 

The mini suites and Club Class mini suites are basically the same layout. The biggest perk with them is Club Class dining - which has a separate area of the dining room, no reservations needed and you get an extra dish offered that isn’t offered in the main dining area.  Only you can decide if that perk is worth the extra money or not.

We always book mini suites for the extra room inside the cabins. The bathrooms are bigger and come with a tub. The balconies are usually the same as a standard balcony category, though, on most ships. For $10 extra per person, per day, I would go with the Club Class. Of course, you have to actually win the bid.

5 hours ago, FrankieJayIII said:

Hello, 

First time on Princess Cruises... I have booked a Caribe Deck (larger balcony) Balcony for a 10 day to Alaska out of San Francisco. 

The day has arrived for upgrades and I have been offered a Mini Suite or a Club Class Suite.

The prices offered are $345pp for Mini Suite and $445pp for CC Mini Suite. $790 vs $890

I really liked everythign about the balcony with the larger balcony (Caribe Deck). 

Is the mini-suite worth that much more and then it would make sense to do the club class suite... 

Please give me some real life experiences on the differences or anything that will sell me on upgrading?    I have already upgraded to the PREMIER class package for all the bells and whistles.

Thanks again!

I for one do not see the Premier plan has having enough bells and whistles I  would care about. Almost all cocktails I enjoy are $15 or under, after 47 cruises I no longer care about pictures or extra specialty dinners. I would rather spend my money on plus package and upgrading to full suites and enjoy my Sabatini’s breakfasts, fast free laundry service etc

1 hour ago, SKCruiser007 said:

For $10 extra per person, per day, I would go with the Club Class. Of course, you have to actually win the bid.

45 minutes ago, memoak said:

I for one do not see the Premier plan has having enough bells and whistles I  would care about. Almost all cocktails I enjoy are $15 or under, after 47 cruises I no longer care about pictures or extra specialty dinners. I would rather spend my money on plus package and upgrading to full suites and enjoy my Sabatini’s breakfasts, fast free laundry service etc

If you are going to put in a bid for a mini-suite, I would pay the extra $100 ($10 a day) for club class dining.  With that said, I would not spend that much money for a mini-suite upgrade.

I often travel in a suite with Club Class dining (fact/not boasting).  I love Club Class dining.  I can eat at any time my tummy tells me I am hungry.  It is doesn't seem to be as rushed or hectic.  I love the service (1 wait team for about 4-5 tables).  

It's your money. It's your cruise.  It's your celebration.  Do as you please.  It's good you are asking for others experience.  Everyone will have a different perspective.