Dining questions on Apex

beej210

Been on celebrity many times but never on edge class and haven’t been since before covid so my info is probably out of date.  We are sailing on apex and have late 8:30pm dining time assigned.  Couple of questions:

1. I’ve seen several different MDRs on Apex.  Do we go to the same one each night?

2. Are the menus the same in each?

3. I thought I read that there is no early/late on edge class and it’s all “just show up whenever”.  Is this correct?

4.  How’s the food quality in the MDR?  Previously we’ve done unlimited speciality dining.  I’m not picky on what I eat as long as it’s cooked well and tasty.  

thanks in advance for the help!

We were on the Apex a year ago, and are on her transatlantic this  April. We were in Aqua, so ate in Blu. At that time we could order off any of the 4 dining room menus. Because we were part of a large group we stuck to Blu, but we will enjoy eating in the other dining rooms this trip as well as in Blu. Very attractive spaces and nicely varied menus. Can’t speak to service but I’m looking forward to the variety available! You can go to any dining room at any time. If there should be a wait, they will advise you of an alternative without a wait. Or give you a pager. 

if you go on the app under dining the menus will give you a sense of what to expect. I believe they only open one of the restaurants for seated breakfasts. 

2 hours ago, beej210 said:

Been on celebrity many times but never on edge class and haven’t been since before covid so my info is probably out of date.  We are sailing on apex and have late 8:30pm dining time assigned.  Couple of questions:

1. I’ve seen several different MDRs on Apex.  Do we go to the same one each night?

2. Are the menus the same in each?

3. I thought I read that there is no early/late on edge class and it’s all “just show up whenever”.  Is this correct?

4.  How’s the food quality in the MDR?  Previously we’ve done unlimited speciality dining.  I’m not picky on what I eat as long as it’s cooked well and tasty.  

thanks in advance for the help!

1. No, take your pick.

2. Not entirely.  There are several appetizers and several main courses which are the same in each, plus each restaurant has a few specialties available only in that restaurant.

3. Yes, there are no traditional early/late seating times.  It's anytime dining on Edge class ships.

4. The food is excellent and there should be a sufficient variety to suit most palates even on a long cruise.

9 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

1. No, take your pick.

2. Not entirely.  There are several appetizers and several main courses which are the same in each, plus each restaurant has a few specialties available only in that restaurant.

3. Yes, there are no traditional early/late seating times.  It's anytime dining on Edge class ships.

4. The food is excellent and there should be a sufficient variety to suit most palates even on a long cruise.

I read that you may get any entree from any dining room.  So it does not matter where you go.  

• 4 months later...
On 3/4/2023 at 10:49 PM, Dancing Shoes said:

I read that you may get any entree from any dining room.  So it does not matter where you go.  

I think generally you can, but if you want one of the specialty entrees from one of the MDRs, why would you not just go there? Much easier than adding work for a server (which takes them away from other tables in their section). The rest of the menu is the same other than the few specialty things unique to each dining room.

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I think generally you can, but if you want one of the specialty entrees from one of the MDRs, why would you not just go there? Much easier than adding work for a server (which takes them away from other tables in their section). The rest of the menu is the same other than the few specialty things unique to each dining room.

I stuck to cosmopolitan on my recent cruise due to the outstanding service from our waiter and sommelier.  Our waiter reminded us we could order off any menu.  They quickly learned our drinks and tastes in food.  We left extra gratuities for them

Does having four dining rooms alleviate the long waits often experienced in open dining?

Is there any way to make reservations ahead or on board or strictly walk up?

Any way to try to stick with a server that you find you are happy with?

9 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I think generally you can, but if you want one of the specialty entrees from one of the MDRs, why would you not just go there? 

If you have multiple people in your party but only one person wants one of the specialty items from one of the other MDRs this is a nice option to have.

I know you travel solo a lot as do I so I switch dining rooms up from night to night just to experience the different ambience of each.

8 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Does having four dining rooms alleviate the long waits often experienced in open dining?

Is there any way to make reservations ahead or on board or strictly walk up?

Any way to try to stick with a server that you find you are happy with?

Yes you can make ore cruise reservations for the whole cruise.