Tipping for room service

KyOh

We've never taken advantage of room service before. On our next cruise we have a couple of early mornings and thought having breakfast delivered might be nice.  What do people usually tip for this service?  I know it isn't required but seems like something we should do.  Thanks

1 hour ago, KyOh said:

We've never taken advantage of room service before. On our next cruise we have a couple of early mornings and thought having breakfast delivered might be nice.  What do people usually tip for this service?  I know it isn't required but seems like something we should do.  Thanks

Usually $5. 

• Like 1

Nothing, on board gratuities are included in the quoted price in the UK. So no need to tip on top, unless somebody goes above and beyond. If you go for the set amount per day that should be enough

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Contentious issue I know, but we Brits don't have the same tipping culture as most North Americans.  I fail to see why I need to tip the guy who has delivered the food (part of his salaried job) but don't have to tip the guy who prepared the meal and put it on the tray!

• Like 9