Starbucks on Sun?

Hi,  for those of you who have travelled on the Sun recently is there a Starbucks?  
i thought there was NOT, as it’s not listed on ship description, but I have a trip upcoming on Sun and in my app for it, it offers the Starbucks beverage package, not sure if that’s like a tech glitch or if there is a Starbucks now??

7 hours ago, Happycrafter123 said:

Hi,  for those of you who have travelled on the Sun recently is there a Starbucks?  
i thought there was NOT, as it’s not listed on ship description, but I have a trip upcoming on Sun and in my app for it, it offers the Starbucks beverage package, not sure if that’s like a tech glitch or if there is a Starbucks now??

The coffee outlet serves Starbucks. It is called Java Cafe. I was told by several people at NCL that since it is not a Starbucks you can't use the beverage package there. I've asked in a couple of threads in the past month about this and haven't been able to get an answer from someone who has the package and was able to use it. Per a press release over a year ago all ships were supposed to have Starbucks by end of 2022.

Maybe we can get an authoritative answer here!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

HappyCrafter123, what did you find out? We are thinking of upgrading but only if the package includes the specialty coffees! We cruise on the Sun in July 2023 out of Seattle, and don't care so much about the brand of the coffees but do want an unlimited package for that specialty coffee. We are considering either upgrading to the Premium Plus or adding the Starbucks package - but it won't do any good if they don't let you use a plan at their cafe!
Thanks for the help. :-)

I just watched a tour of the Sun that was filmed in the last 6 months. The Atrium Cafe & Bar serves a variety of Starbucks drinks - and is the only venue on the entire ship that serves specialty coffee. Hoping to find a menu somewhere to see if our favorites are on there. Thank you all for your help!

Recently on Breakaway with daughter and 21 year old granddaughter . We all love Starbucks. My daughter wanted to get the Starbucks package but then we figured how much you would have to drink a day to pay for it , just made more sense to pay as you go.  We were able to use our preloaded Starbucks app. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2023 at 10:57 AM, jjbko said:

What is the cost on a single coffee at Starbucks? Is it worth it to buy the package?

If you want just a single (basic) paper cup AT Starbucks, it will cost about $5.00 with the 20% NCL charges tagged on. Prices go up from there.  You can order Starbucks in assorted restaurants onboard starting at $3.25 (+20%).

There have been photos of Starbucks menus posted, but I didn't find the one I was looking when doing a quick search a few minutes ago.  

• Like 1