Different Check-in Dates

Hey everyone, I searched for this issue but there wasn't much help out there.  We have a group cruising on the Grandeur on May 11lth this year and if you do the math, check-in is on 3/27 which is what my app says.  Others in our group show 3/26 as their check-in date and we can't figure out why or if they'll really be able to check in early.  I know this won't impact much but if they check in before everyone else, it could affect the available boarding times.  

Is this just a glitch or do we actually have different check-in dates?

Also, we are all in the same time zone and it was on multiple apps, both android and iPhone. 

1 minute ago, tpooleinjax said:

Hey everyone, I searched for this issue but there wasn't much help out there.  We have a group cruising on the Grandeur on May 11lth this year and if you do the math, check-in is on 3/27 which is what my app says.  Others in our group show 3/26 as their check-in date and we can't figure out why or if they'll really be able to check in early.  I know this won't impact much but if they check in before everyone else, it could affect the available boarding times.  

Is this just a glitch or do we actually have different check-in dates?

Also, we are all in the same time zone and it was on multiple apps, both android and iPhone. 

Just a glitch, everyones will open at the same time

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alex_gregor said:

Different time zones?

That was my thought too but we're all from the same small area.  Then I thought maybe their phones are set up differently, but we compared someone who has the same cell provider as I do but still with a different check in date.  It's just weird.

4 hours ago, tpooleinjax said:

That was my thought too but we're all from the same small area.  Then I thought maybe their phones are set up differently, but we compared someone who has the same cell provider as I do but still with a different check in date.  It's just weird.

I remember seeing it on a cruise this past year but not sure which one.  By checkin day it was fixed.

• Like 1

Honestly what's the big deal if check-in is a day earlier or a day later. If its just to get an early check-in time...I can tell you from my past few sailings over the last year...no one cared what time you had reserved...people showed up when they showed up and no one was turning anyone away. Back during the COVID era, yes they were adhering to check-in times...but I haven't seen that happen for the past year now...at least not in Port Canaveral or Port Everglades.

• Like 1

The app and website can have different dates due to different uses of time zones between the two.

Rest assured in 99% of cases check-in will open on or shortly after midnight (midnight of the time zone the ship departs from) 45 days prior to the cruise.