Constellation in April 2024

atlantabri2

We are sailing Constellation on April 23, 2024. I have heard everything from a complete overhaul of rooms to nothing being done. I do know that this summer, Capt. Matt and Sue Denning said the rooms would be redone. And a poster posted an email indicating the same.

Another poster then said Celebrity emailed him that nothing would be done. I asked him to post the email but he never did. So who really knows. Guess we’ll find out when we board. It definitely is scheduled for dry dock though.

Edited by Gia2cats

1 hour ago, Classynfun1 said:

Tampa is my home port but I've never sailed out of it. Can you share why it was so bad? 

We arrived after a TA in November, there was only a couple of custom officers working 

The ship had to open up the buffet to feed people for lunch 

We didn’t get off the ship until 2:30 pm 

Than there wasn’t many tacos around 

I didn’t think the airport was that great either 

4 hours ago, Gia2cats said:

We are sailing Constellation on April 23, 2024. I have heard everything from a complete overhaul of rooms to nothing being done. I do know that this summer, Capt. Matt and Sue Denning said the rooms would be redone. And a poster posted an email indicating the same.

Another poster then said Celebrity emailed him that nothing would be done. I asked him to post the email but he never did. So who really knows. Guess we’ll find out when we board. It definitely is scheduled for dry dock though.

Dry dock hole in the schedule is 3 weeks.   The Summit and Millie were at least 6 week to do the full Revolution.

18 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Dry dock hole in the schedule is 3 weeks.   The Summit and Millie were at least 6 week to do the full Revolution.

As I said, I have no idea what will happen. But not sure why the Captain and Cruise Director would say what they did. It honestly doesn’t matter to me. People say that the ship needs an overhaul because it’s dated. Well, so am I. And we plan to have a good time if it’s updated or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Connie will Never get Revolutionized like Millie and Summit.

X is spending all its Big Bucks on new E class ships.

that’s not a deal breaker for Me and I have 2 future cruises booked on Connie.

9 hours ago, D. B. said:

Connie will Never get Revolutionized like Millie and Summit.

X is spending all its Big Bucks on new E class ships.

that’s not a deal breaker for Me and I have 2 future cruises booked on Connie.

We are booked on Connie in Dec this year and will let folks know the condition. I saw a very recent, August 2023 cruise, YouTube video of her 

think she looked in very good condition to us. These vloggers have a number of videos posted throughout their cruise. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 6:41 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Tampa was been the worst port I have experienced

why would you think less people on the ship , this November TA crossing is over 99% booked 

I am looking at the March 2024 sailing. And was just assuming that a transatlantic crossing would have fewer passengers as the other ships we have done were only half full and with zero kids.

14 hours ago, Gia2cats said:

As I said, I have no idea what will happen. But not sure why the Captain and Cruise Director would say what they did. It honestly doesn’t matter to me. People say that the ship needs an overhaul because it’s dated. Well, so am I. And we plan to have a good time if it’s updated or not.

It was my understanding that Connie was dry docked with a major face-lift during down time at July 2021 dry dock for the post-COVID restart. Recent YouTube videos appear to back that up.  

48 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

I am looking at the March 2024 sailing. And was just assuming that a transatlantic crossing would have fewer passengers as the other ships we have done were only half full and with zero kids.

These are the cabins left today , not counting inside or OVs 

There still the Black Friday sale and Christmas sales to come 

This cruise as crappy ports and it pretty full already 

IMG_6187.thumb.jpeg.0c28983daae4f04d3ca7252eb8d86961.jpeg

1 hour ago, JDPCruisers said:

It was my understanding that Connie was dry docked with a major face-lift during down time at July 2021 dry dock for the post-COVID restart. Recent YouTube videos appear to back that up.  

Had a dry dock for mechanical and had full hull paint (retained white).  There were some public areas which were renovated which I heard was done in Miami just prior to the restart.

Renovated areas.   Rendezvous Lounge,  added the high top table perpendicular to the bar and replaced seating.  Couches in the back areas.   Retreat lounge retained the dark paneling but carpet changed to grey/green with the old Rendezvous barrel type chairs (very comfortable) reupholstered in a white/cream.  Really lightened up  the lounge.

Buffet also had changes similar to the Summit/Millie but no hand washing sink.

We were on the Spring TA and stayed on for 2 additional sailings 38 days.  We found the ship to be in very good shape.  Of course the rooms are dated and show some wear.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We arrived after a TA in November, there was only a couple of custom officers working 

The ship had to open up the buffet to feed people for lunch 

We didn’t get off the ship until 2:30 pm 

Than there wasn’t many tacos around 

I didn’t think the airport was that great either 

I wonder if that was a "one-off"? I have read so many positive things about the Tampa cruise port. We've never been there but have a Connie cruise this coming March. I hope whatever the problem was has since been corrected. 

3 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

From my reading, I don’t think the cabins have been redone. One of the biggest complaints is shower curtains instead of a door. And very small older TV’s. 

Edited by Gia2cats

23 minutes ago, hcat said:

cruises after any TA  often  board late..issues with inspections etc,  and whatever slows down disembarkation

We have done over 10 TAs , this was the worst 

But for some reason we are booked on a November TA this year and guess what it ends in Tamps 🤣

I must been very wicked in a former life 😁

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We have done over 10 TAs , this was the worst 

But for some reason we are booked on a November TA this year and guess what it ends in Tamps 🤣

I must been very wicked in a former life 😁

as long as disembarking folks do not miss flights at least they are still on the ship..but without their luggage.

those waiting to board are often on line in the hot sun..happened to us in Port Ev...and maybe also delayed in Bayonne.. We have not yet cruised from Tampa..no idea about port facilities for those who must wait for ship to be cleared.

we try to avoid first cruises after crossings!

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Had a dry dock for mechanical and had full hull paint (retained white).  There were some public areas which were renovated which I heard was done in Miami just prior to the restart.

Renovated areas.   Rendezvous Lounge,  added the high top table perpendicular to the bar and replaced seating.  Couches in the back areas.   Retreat lounge retained the dark paneling but carpet changed to grey/green with the old Rendezvous barrel type chairs (very comfortable) reupholstered in a white/cream.  Really lightened up  the lounge.

Buffet also had changes similar to the Summit/Millie but no hand washing sink.

We were on the Spring TA and stayed on for 2 additional sailings 38 days.  We found the ship to be in very good shape.  Of course the rooms are dated and show some wear.

Thanks for this. Hopefully, our SS won't be too worn. If you had a balcony, what type of furniture did you have and hope is a larger table (not like the useless E-class tables, and comfortable chairs? Larger table inside, as well?

1 minute ago, JDPCruisers said:

Thanks for this. Hopefully, our SS won't be too worn. If you had a balcony, what type of furniture did you have and hope is a larger table (not like the useless E-class tables, and comfortable chairs? Larger table inside, as well?

We were in SS Jan 22.  These have had some updates including new balcony furniture.  There was a 24"+ table in the room.