Should an experienced cruiser try MSC?

seacruise9

1 hour ago, mizLORInj said:

Might've been the same early February Beyond cruise I was on too.   Beyond looked like Seascape's baby when you saw them both from the dock at PP!   

I'm trying MSC in the fall just to see what it's like.  Bonus that it's in Brooklyn, NY, so no flights are involved for us. 

I still like and will cruise more with Celebrity, Royal, Princess, NCL and Carnival.  Oh and Virgin.   Maybe adding MSC to the mix; we'll see!   

Hi, 

I was on the Celebrity Beyond's February 19 cruise. I loved the Beyond, but I was impressed by the Seascape. I also was impressed by the new port development in Puerto Plata. Because I was on a long shore excursion, I didn't have much time in the port area. However, it was very nice and I would like to return to this port. I took some great pictures of the Seascape. 

Chuck

56 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I was on the Celebrity Beyond's February 19 cruise. I loved the Beyond, but I was impressed by the Seascape. I also was impressed by the new port development in Puerto Plata. Because I was on a long shore excursion, I didn't have much time in the port area. However, it was very nice and I would like to return to this port. I took some great pictures of the Seascape. 

Chuck

We'll be on Seascape in September and look forward to a stop in Puerto Plata, which will be a new port for us. Been a while since we've had a Caribbean itinerary with a new port.

57 minutes ago, jules815 said:

We'll be on Seascape in September and look forward to a stop in Puerto Plata, which will be a new port for us. Been a while since we've had a Caribbean itinerary with a new port.

Hi, 

The Puerto Plata port area is extremely nice: beaches, pools, lazy river, bars, shopping, etc. I believe this development is new. I did a shore excursion to the top of a mountain with spectacular views of the city. The tour included a cable car ride down the side of the mountain. This was an excellent tour.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Pretty much every cruise can be as good or as bad as one makes of it!... MSC is different. More international minded, lots of Europeans aboard, announcements in many lines and the likes. YC is a superior very acclaimed product. Yes, it would to be good, because they follow the same 4* EU land hotel industry standards of the likes of Carnival, RCI or NCL alike with an X/Princess twist here and there.

In order for you to have an idea of what an MSC cruise is about, I suggest you to see this wonderful review from @Radio; whom I consider one of the best "professional" CC cruise reviewers, and that JIMHO, very well describes what an MSC cruise is about:

And have a wonderful day!...

99 cruises- well thats what I call a seasoned cruiser. As the OP I sailed Celebrity and Cunard during the last 10 or so years. Before that it was RCI with a few cruises with Mein Schiff or Costa ( just once) thrown in.

I read you booked yourself into the YC - so you can´t go wrong. NEVER book anything else with MSC when coming from X and Cunard. The difference is very crass otherwise.

The Seaside Class - now four ships - are great- stunning views and a wonderful prommenade deck- so wide you almost feel as if you are walking " near the ship" with plenty of seating options.

When the choise ( Itinerary, price...) is between Celebrity and MSC YACHTCLUB I would choose MSC.

• Like 2