Question: Post booking fare reductions or perks added.

Haven’t cruised since pre-pandemic. So question. For booked guests who have made final payment, are they entitled to later-advertised fare reductions and/or additions of perks? Yes, there is an actual situation about this here. Back in better days, the answer would have been “yes”. Now, I’m not sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Haven’t cruised since pre-pandemic. So question. For booked guests who have made final payment, are they entitled to later-advertised fare reductions and/or additions of perks? Yes, there is an actual situation about this here. Back in better days, the answer would have been “yes”. Now, I’m not sure.

20 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Yes, Regent. The situation is this. A party books a cruise. A two category upgrade is then advertised. After that,  final payment is made. Is that party entitled to the advertised upgrade?

Not sure that I am understanding the query.

In one post you are referencing an offer made prior to final payment; in the other you refer to an offer being made after final payment.

In general Regent appear to be willing to honour the new offer but only if there is still availability in the relevant suite grade(s) and you would have to pay the latest price if there had been a price increase since the original booking.

As @Bellaggio Cruisers says, these two criteria often mean that you will not gain by trying to apply the new offer.

Best way for you to find out about your specific booking is to contact Regent; either direct or via your TA. 
Always worth asking …………….. don’t ask, don’t get!

• Like 2

We in the UK often don't have the same flexibility when prices change. However, we were lucky in that a couple of days after making our booking (which included the suite upgrade) there was an OBC offer - our travel agent asked and Regent kindly added it to our account.

Same thing happened with a Seabourn cruise - OBC offered 6 days after booking but a resounding NO from Seabourn - new bookings only!

I suppose in fairness, if the price goes up we aren't all rushing to offer them extra money 😂

8 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Yes, Regent. The situation is this. A party books a cruise. A two category upgrade is then advertised. After that,  final payment is made. Is that party entitled to the advertised upgrade?

Also depends when you booked.  Regent advertises their  new cruises with a full brochure fare. They then often offer an early booking discount to stimulate demand.  The discount offer expires, prices go back to the full advertised brochure  fare.  Then they offer an upgrade promotional saving on some cruises, presumably the ones that aren't so popular to stimulate fresh demand.  But this time the offer is not as good as the original early booking discount. 

Its a continual cycle of full fare offered followed by some promotional discount.  The only time you might get a good reduction is at the beginning of the cycle and at the end.  Its all timing dependant, if you are prepared to play the game.  If there is a specific cruise you want and it is selling quick, don't expect to get a better price.

Leastways that's my experience pre and post covid from 10 years of playing this game!  Doesn;t specifially answer your question, but may help to understand the context.

Edited by Timeflies

12 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

You don't specify if final payment was paid before or at the final payment date.  If before, you should be able to take advantage of new rates BUT you will lose any "perks" (OBC, pre-cruise stay, etc) that you might have with your original rate and will be booked under the new rate.  If after final payment, you're probably unable to get any reduction.  

I have 5 cruises booked and none would be better off with the new programs when I figure the "perks" I booked under.  All you can really do is figure the bottom line and see.  Then get your TA working on it.