Water stations?

Coke Freestyle machines used to work. You can also go to any bar and ask for a large glas of water and fill the bottle yourself. Also any time the WJ is open, you can use their water dispensers.

4 minutes ago, DukeBlueDevil said:

Are there places on board the Odyssey of the Seas to fill reusable water bottles without purchasing drink package?

Most venues should have cups of water available which you could pour into your bottle - no package needed.

1 minute ago, billslowsky said:

Yeah, if you try to fill a bottle directly from the source you'll cause a ruckus.  Not allowed.

Only with other passengers. Crew doesn't ever seem to care one way or another.😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Also any time the WJ is open, you can use their water dispensers.

You should put water in a glass and then pour into your water bottle, not fill bottle directly from dispenser.

RC needs to add water bottle refill stations.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, moposh said:

You should put water in a glass and then pour into your water bottle, not fill bottle directly from dispenser.

RC needs to add water bottle refill stations.

I have actually given my refillable bottle to staff at the WJ service bar and watched them fill the bottle directly from their dispensers. Despite their lax approach, I always use a glass when filling the bottles myself.

• Like 1

So the poster asked about filling up a water bottle, at a water fountain, which is more common these days.  The answer to the poster, is that any older ship would not have this, but it is a great idea for them to have.  By the way, for all that post about using a cup, the water fountains are designed to fill direct.  Touching still can happen.  Just like the freestyle machine.  But soda fountains are not that common on a ship, and a water bottle usually could not fit.  Just ignore all those posts since most of them won't drink from a fountain anyway. 

Hopefully the new ships, they add this feature some areas.  It would be great and easy.  

On my last cruise I went to customer service and asked where I could fill my water bottle.  Three people were consulted before I was told the fitness center.  Fitness center has a water fountain, but nothing for water bottle.  

In my survey I did put that they need to add water bottle filling stations.  The more people who do this, the better.

For starters, you will probably never find a filling station like the one pictured below that you would see in a shoreside facility (typically in a gym or fitness center where staff continuously cleans up the machine after all the safety usage instructions are ignored), because it would be as equally abused as the existing ones on board ships. What you will find in addition to the Freestyle machines, however, where you can fill your own bottles are (by class of ship):

Vision class - 1 in the solarium park cafe; one outside of the WJ on the starboard side, and at least two service bars in the WJ

Radiance class - 1 in the solarium park cafe; one outside of the WJ on the starboard side, and at least two service bars in the WJ; and one on the starboard side aft of the stairway to Izumi (depending on which radiance class ship, there may also be one port side aft.

Voyager class - pizza parlor; at least two self serve in the WJ plus the service bars on both sides of the ship (where there are also Freestyle machines)

Freedom class - similar locations to Voyager class

Oasis class - several self serve in the WJ, one in the solarium bistro, and at any of the bars on board

Have not sailed on Quantum class ships, so have no clue where they are on that class.

Capture.JPG