Elite level - pier check in

johnnyd

I haven't cruised since Covid began. I am on the Equinox sailing on March 18th. I know there have been lots of changes. Can anyone give me a run down on the process at Fort Lauderdale. I have been assigned a check in time window; info on picture, room key card? Is the process shortened?

7 minutes ago, johnnyd said:

I haven't cruised since Covid began. I am on the Equinox sailing on March 18th. I know there have been lots of changes. Can anyone give me a run down on the process at Fort Lauderdale. I have been assigned a check in time window; info on picture, room key card? Is the process shortened?

You should have uploaded your photo when you did your on line check in on the X App. You will just walk past a camera with facial recognition software when boarding. (Very cool.) You can then go directly to your cabin to pick up your key card and drop off any carry on's. Then off to explore the ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

The boarding process is really smooth now, particularly if you've completed check-in and uploaded photos on the app. 

Show up at your assigned time, with your Xpress passes either printed or on the app, have your passport and credit card in hand.  You'll be greeted by a staff member with a tablet, they'll comlpete sign in for you.  This generally takes three minutes or less.  You board, and go to your room.  There you'll pick up your key cards, and drop your carry on bags.  Go to your assigned muster station and check in there, and you're now all done.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Sounds pretty smooth! I have the same question as the OP though (I think!?) is there separate or priority checkin for Elite guests?

No.

Edited by rsail203
add info
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Sounds pretty smooth! I have the same question as the OP though (I think!?) is there separate or priority checkin for Elite guests?

They've done away with this, as you know longer go up to the desk, but simply to the first available representative; so a separate "priority" line woudl not speed things up at all.  Now the only separate check-in is for Retreat and Zenith guests. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the great replies! I am traveling with another couple who have a check in window an hour after mine. How strict are they concerning the check in time being adhered to? Can we check in together?

16 minutes ago, omeinv said:

The boarding process is really smooth now, particularly if you've completed check-in and uploaded photos on the app. 

Show up at your assigned time, with your Xpress passes either printed or on the app, have your passport and credit card in hand.  You'll be greeted by a staff member with a tablet, they'll comlpete sign in for you.  This generally takes three minutes or less.  You board, and go to your room.  There you'll pick up your key cards, and drop your carry on bags.  Go to your assigned muster station and check in there, and you're now all done.

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks for filling in the info I forgot. 👍

I really shouldn’t post when I'm distracted. 😳

8 minutes ago, johnnyd said:

Thanks for the great replies! I am traveling with another couple who have a check in window an hour after mine. How strict are they concerning the check in time being adhered to? Can we check in together?

We got to the cruise terminal abot 30 minutes early. They did not have a problem and we just went in as directed. I don't think there will be a problem checking in together.

8 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

We have a check in window between 11:30-12. Are rooms really open then? We are used to Royal where rooms are not available until at least 1pm. 

Thanks!

The rooms are not fully ready for you to use but you can drop off any carry on items and put items in the safe.  Then leave until they announce the cabins are ready. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

No     They no longer have priority except for Suites that can checkin at anytime regardless of checkin time on pass.

• Thanks 1