Live From Regal Princess - March 12-19 (Princess Cays/Puerto Rico/DominicanRepublic/Turks and Caicos)

mdgary

15 hours ago, just G said:

I have not cruised with Princess in many many years. Can you explain the “extra charge” please? 

I’m not quite sure what your asking but can tell you that the Specialty restaurants (Crown grill, Sabatinis and Seafood bar) have a “extra charge” which I think is around $30 or so. And if you have the plus plan/drink package any drink over $15 you are charged the balance of the cost over 15. Hope that helps.

We are on this cruise as well. This is our 5th cruise post- covid and find it very crowded and noisy..Our other 4 cruises were not at full capacity. Lots of family groups this time.

Today is Amber Cove and the morning started off with pouring rain, seems to be easing up, but extra onboard activities are being added as many  are remaining on the ship.

Yesterday (San Juan) we went to a beach and arrived back at the ship with rain. I feel badly for the kids aboard that were looking forward to beach visits.

The person with the medical emergency is okay and recovering in Hospital  I was told be a reliable source.

We have the plus package, drinks up to$15 and as stated they add on the extra.We have been very happy with the MDR food and have a reserved table each  evening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mdgary said:

I’m not quite sure what your asking but can tell you that the Specialty restaurants (Crown grill, Sabatinis and Seafood bar) have a “extra charge” which I think is around $30 or so. And if you have the plus plan/drink package any drink over $15 you are charged the balance of the cost over 15. Hope that helps.

Specialty restaurants are now $39.00

2 hours ago, cnd crsr said:

We are on this cruise as well. This is our 5th cruise post- covid and find it very crowded and noisy..Our other 4 cruises were not at full capacity. Lots of family groups this time.

Today is Amber Cove and the morning started off with pouring rain, seems to be easing up, but extra onboard activities are being added as many  are remaining on the ship.

Yesterday (San Juan) we went to a beach and arrived back at the ship with rain. I feel badly for the kids aboard that were looking forward to beach visits.

The person with the medical emergency is okay and recovering in Hospital  I was told be a reliable source.

We have the plus package, drinks up to$15 and as stated they add on the extra.We have been very happy with the MDR food and have a reserved table each  evening. 

Hope you are enjoying your cruise. Can you tell me which beach you went to? What type of transportation that you used? Did you  have loungers? We go in about 2.5 weeks and seeking beach options.  Up here in the NE and looking forward to this cruise.  

• Like 1

@mdgaryIf you get a chance can you please post a picture (even if you cant post until after your  cruise is over) of the disembarkation groups/times. I would be greatly appreciated. Hope you are still having a great time. Thank you.

1 hour ago, cruisegal40 said:

Hope you are enjoying your cruise. Can you tell me which beach you went to? What type of transportation that you used? Did you  have loungers? We go in about 2.5 weeks and seeking beach options.  Up here in the NE and looking forward to this cruise.  

It was the Princess tour. Transport was mini bus. There were plenty of loungers & umbrellas. The kids loved the beach,good surf. We found the music around the pool far too loud (I wore earplugs) Food and beverages were for purchase. 

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegal40 said:

@cruisegal40not the OP, but local to SJ.  Closest by far is El Escambron https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/balneario-el-escambron-beach-san-juan-puerto-rico/

On this same listing you will find a couple of other beaches that are close to SJ.  El escambrón is pretty protected by close rocks which is a plus.  All of these beaches are in the north, and for the last several weeks there have been rip tide warnings.  Be mindful of this, because its a serious thing.  Several tourists have died already because they do not heed the warnings.  Not trying to scare, but to warn you so that you have a safe and enjoyable day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cnd crsr said:

Plus50

On behalf of myself and all the people who have pulled out all of their hair and ground their teeth down to the roots, I thank you!  I board Regal for its first European cruise of the season and never had a doubt that things would be ironed out by then.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

On behalf of myself and all the people who have pulled out all of their hair and ground their teeth down to the roots, I thank you!  I board Regal for its first European cruise of the season and never had a doubt that things would be ironed out by then.

That has been my hope all along!  I have a European cruise as well.  Now if I could figure out how to put my "state" in the address....

1 hour ago, kilili said:

@cruisegal40not the OP, but local to SJ.  Closest by far is El Escambron https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/balneario-el-escambron-beach-san-juan-puerto-rico/

On this same listing you will find a couple of other beaches that are close to SJ.  El escambrón is pretty protected by close rocks which is a plus.  All of these beaches are in the north, and for the last several weeks there have been rip tide warnings.  Be mindful of this, because its a serious thing.  Several tourists have died already because they do not heed the warnings.  Not trying to scare, but to warn you so that you have a safe and enjoyable day.

Thank you for this.  Will be mindful of that.

On 3/12/2023 at 8:52 AM, beachme said:

Hi mdgary,

We will be sailing on the Regal in about a month. If you could post current Movies Under the Stars and theatre shows that would be great. Have a fantastic voyage!

On 3/12/2023 at 8:52 AM, beachme said:

Hi mdgary,

We will be sailing on the Regal in about a month. If you could post current Movies Under the Stars and theatre shows that would be great. Have a fantastic voyage!

Here is whats played through Friday (Day 6]

MUTS

UB40 Concert

Moribus

The Greatest Showman

Encanto

The Bad Guys

Thor: Love and Thunder

Cinderella (2021)

Top Gun: Maverick

Free Guy

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Vista Lounge

Space Jam - A New Legacy

Bullet Train

Jurassic World - Dominion

Princess Theater

Ambulance

Dead For A Dollar

I Care A Lot

Production Shows

Showtime with The Uptown Boys

Bravo

Sweet Soul Music

• Thanks 1

We are sailing this itinerary on April 9th, all excursions we wanted in Grand Turks were booked and nothing available. What can you suggest?  It seems to be a small island so maybe we will just find a local that can take us around, what do you suggest? 

2 hours ago, Dukgirl22 said:

We are sailing this itinerary on April 9th, all excursions we wanted in Grand Turks were booked and nothing available. What can you suggest?  It seems to be a small island so maybe we will just find a local that can take us around, what do you suggest? 

We have seen a lot of people doing the golf cart rentals to go around the island. It is a pretty small island

2 hours ago, DLA57 said:

Hi 

Thank you for your posts.  Can you tell me if they have a juice bar and do they serve smoothies there?

Thank you

Sorry but they have neither onboard 

5 minutes ago, mdgary said:

Sorry but they have neither onboard 

So how are they filling the orders from all the people who now have that super-duper, high in demand, can't believe we ever lived without it, feature of Plus and Premium?

On 3/16/2023 at 3:06 PM, LImom said:

@mdgaryIf you get a chance can you please post a picture (even if you cant post until after your  cruise is over) of the disembarkation groups/times. I would be greatly appreciated. Hope you are still having a great time. Thank you.

Here is the disembarkation information

CAB314FE-47B7-4D64-980E-1914F60BC1E5.jpeg

• Thanks 1